~ Chapter 62 ~

It's been more than an hour since this party has started and it's already been going downhill so much. If I stayed here for the rest of the 4 hours that this party will be going on, I'd probably end up dead.

Yet, here I am because I promised Katsuki that I'll be back in a few minutes.

I'm pretty sure back then when I said I'd be back in a few minutes, both me and Katsuki assumed that it'd take me 15 minutes, not the double of it. But what can I say, I hadn't expected myself to get a cut on my neck. Hawks tried healing my wound as quickly as possible and I had to wear the coat I had taken before the party to cover up my neck. I'll have to think of a good excuse to give Katsuki when I come back looking like... this.

But when I returned to the table where me and Katsuki were sitting before, it was empty. My nose scrunched in confusion and I looked around the hall, not seeming to find him anywhere.

That's weird...

I looked around the huge room in case I spotted the spiky haired boy. To my dismay, there were too many people over here to spot him out of the crowd.

Letting out a sigh, I strolled past the many people, walking around and keeping an eye on everyone just in case I noticed Katsuki in the crowd. If I don't find him in the next few minutes, I'm going back to the dorms to reflect on my treacherous life.

The view of the people was just like how it was an hour ago, people dancing, heroes conversing and more of the usual party stuff. There were a little more people from before as it was around the peak time for this party.

How did things even go from best to worst in a matter of a few hours?

I was just having a few moments in my life where I didn't care about anything. I had a slight moment of happiness in which I got to be with the person I love... and suddenly it all changed.

The image of Shoto's hurt face still flashes across my mind at random moments, it's quite literally driving me crazy. I'm worried. Where has he gone? Has he handled himself well? What's going to happen to him ? What's going to happen to me?

What makes it worse is that I can't even answer my own question. I can't look for Shoto, I can't ask about him, I can't seem worried about him. Heck, even thinking about him makes me feel like someones reading my brain and knows how much I'm worried about him.

Is he alright? Please be alright.

Just please...

"Azumi!"

I scrunch my nose in question, looking behind with a raised eyebrow as Midoriya walked up to me from behind, Ochako followed along behind him.

After a few quick seconds, Midoriya was standing in front of me, his height matching mine. My eyes examined him from top to bottom, the way he had stormed up to me a few seconds ago, and the inward shape of his eyebrow. His panting chest and clenched fist. Most importantly, Ochako's confused and worried expression as she stands behind him.

"If you're going to stop using honorifics then call me by my first name." I say nonchalantly keeping an eye on Midoriya as he closed his eyes for a second.

"'I don't know' that's what you said when I asked you where Todoroki was?" He said in a low voice, making a slow smile spread across my face.

I saw this coming.

"Did I lie?"

"Not exactly." He says, nodding his head a little. "But you didn't exactly say the truth either, did you?"

"Oh... Well, that's not considered a lie." I say, shrugging my shoulders and flipping my hair over my shoulder. My hair was starting to make my neck itch with the inclusion of the bandage hidden under the jacket I'm wearing.