~ Chapter 26.5 ~

"Friend?"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Natsuooooooooooooo!!!" 

The 7, almost 8 year old ran around her small cabin. She tried her best to drag herself and be fast enough to reach the other end of the cottage where her friend was running from her. The small lunch box in her hand tightly shut to ensure it wouldn't fall and ruin the contents inside.

Natsuo Todoroki turns around on his shoulder, pushes his feet fast when he notices the girl finally catching up to him- just a bit- The boy just kept running farther away from her.

"There's no way I'm eating that." He snorted, pointing towards the lunch box in slight disgust.

Little Emiko stopped on her tracks, too tired to run after her friend this time.

The pair had been running around the cabin in which Emiko resided for the time being. Everytime Emiko would try and catch up to him so he could try her fried rice. Although, she was a little slow...

"PLEASEEEEEE. Fuyumi said that she's on a diet and Touya said that he'd rather die. What's the problem with my fried rice? It seems completely fine to me." She cried, letting out another exhausted breath.

"Come on Emiko. Stop lying to yourself. You just want someone to eat your food, even if you know it's horrible. You literally blew up the kitchen trying to make that. Chill your only 7." Natsuo remarks, also stopping his running.

"I'm 8 not 7. I just like planning my future ahead. Cooking's going to be a very important skill I would need in life. I also have a whole plan to become rich by the time I finish high school! I will actually do about 3 part time jobs everyday starting the age of 12, then I will try and work at 5 places on the weekend. If I do this I can earn enough money to live a good life."

Emiko spoke each word faster than the previous. She was one of a kind. Always enthusiastic and bright. Looking forward to everything and ensuring everyone was happy around her.

She thought of the future, her future. Where she would live a stress free life.

And to live a stress free life in the future...?

Well you would have to finish all the important stuff in the present.

"You seriously think that'll work!" Natsuo laughed, looking at Emiko with a look of disbelief.

Emiko stomped her foot on the ground like a pouty child. She crossed her arms, looking at him with an angry expression.

"Anything's possible!" She says, turning on her heels as she starts to walk back to the Todoroki household. "I'm just going to ask Ms. Todoroki to try it, she's always been nice to me. Unlike you."

"Oh come on Emiko. Don't be angry, you know I don't want to try your food because I don't want food poisoning. Mom'll just say she likes it because she's being nice." Natsuo laughs, walking behind her.

Emiko knew he was right, but she sassily walked faster to keep up the flow of her anger so Natsuo wouldn't think that she wasn't mad.

In a few minutes they arrived in front of the house.

"You should go and throw that food away, don't want anyone to accidentally try it." Natsuo laughed, flicking the top of her head with his fingers.

"No I won't. You're going to try it right now!" She fumed, shoving the lunch box up his face. He swatted her hand away, laughing at the antics.

"You gotta catch up to me to be able to do that." Natsuo smirked, standing proudly in front of Emiko as he puffed up his chest.