~ Chapter 16 ~

Nora POV

The quietness kills me as I sit blankly on a bench near the cemetery. It has been about two and half hours since Shoto went inside, he still hasn't come out yet.

I decided to go a little farther from the cemetery so I could give Shoto a little bit of his personal space. I think he went to sleep there. I guess I'll just wait here until he wakes up.

I lean my head back on the bench when I hear footsteps approaching me.

"You're here." I say, looking up at him slightly.

"I didn't expect you to still be here... " Shoto says, rubbing his eyes a little. They were red, it was clear he went to sleep. "Sorry if I took too long."

"I couldn't have just left." I mumble.

Shoto takes a seat next to me on the bench. He sighs and looks at me.

"You could have left, I wouldn't have minded." He sighed. "You waited three hours just for me..."

I chuckle at his apparent guilt. Sitting straight on the bench I turn to look at him.

"Don't worry, I didn't have anything to do anyways." I say, making him look at me.

"Well, If you don't have anything to do... " Shoto began, hesitating a little. "Let me take you to get dinner."

I stare at Shoto blankly as I process his words. A small smile spreading across my face as I look at him regretting his words.

"A date?" I teased. A tick appeared on the side of Shoto's head.

"It ISN'T a date. I just felt bad about you having to wait for so long." He scoffed, crossing his arms in annoyance.

"Sure, let's go on this da-dinner." I beamed, getting up from the bench.

Shoto slowly gets up from the bench clearly regretting this decision.

"I should have just gone home." He mumbles as I pretend to not hear him.

~~~~

I sit awkwardly on the restaurant chair as Shoto orders the food. The restaurant was luxurious and had extremely beautifully decorated flowers and other ornaments.

Well this is quiet nerve racking. I have never been to a place like this.

I mean sure I have worked hard to collect money for the past four years. I have a lot of money which I apparently collected for no reason since I got recommended. But that doesn't mean I have been to these types of places to just spend it all.

I guess I don't like these places either. I'd rather just go to a normal fast food shop and get lunch over with instead of wasting time and money with extremely polished and decent waiters.

"You could have chosen some place more... simple" I remark.

Shoto looks at me in question, confused why I wouldn't want to go to some extremely fancy restaurant.

Well the answer is simple Shoto, I wouldn't want to go someplace elegant and fancy. It's just not who I am. Besides, I would rather go to the nearest restaurant to my house and just get normal ramen. I really don't see a difference in taste.

What's best is just home delivery, at least I won't have to go get ready to go somewhere or cook.

"This place has nice food." He began, swallowing his breath in between. "Isn't that what you want... "

I look at him in confusion. Just what does he mean by what I want?

"What?" I ask him, looking at Shoto in curiosity.