~ Chapter 2 ~

[Edited and rewritten]

"The one with the lowest score will be judged hopeless and hence be expelled." Mr. Aizawa declared, taking everyone by surprise.

Damn. I saw that coming a mile away.

As the morning went by, we spent it by doing quirk assessment tests. I didn't quite see the point in throwing balls and doing push ups. Is that supposed to help in being a hero or something?

I'd rather have been in that boring orientation. At least we wouldn't be working out right now.

I didn't really pay attention to the tests. I knew I was strong enough to not come last and that's all that mattered.

Shoto do you realize how much I'm doing just for you. Like working out. Who does that?!

"70 meters." Mr. Aizawa told me, showing the machine with the number in his hand.

Unfazed by the lame results, I walk back towards the other student in my class. An annoyed expression present on my face.

My quirk has nothing to do with throwing balls. I bet a bunch of these students don't have quirks like that either.

After a few more tests, the quirk assessments were thankfully over. I let out a sigh of relief, sitting down on the ground beside some bird headed boy.

"Moving on, time for the results..." Mr. Aizawa began.

Everyone sat or stood taller as they eagerly waited for Mr. Aizawa to announce the results of the quirk assessments and so they could know who's going to be the unlucky person going home.

I'm pretty sure I got 8th or 9th place.

"Also... I was lying about expelling someone. It was just a rational deception, meant to bring the best out of you."

The class stared at Eraserhead dumbfounded as he grinned creepily. He pressed the button to show the results before nonchalantly walking away.

"Well of course it was a lie, it didn't take much to figure that out." A girl with a ponytail and spiky hair exclaimed, making everyone turn to look at her with a betrayed expression.

I don't think it was a lie.

What made him change his mind?

I squinted my eyes at the board, scrolling through the names until they landed on the student who was last place.

Izuku Midoriya.

Isn't that the Broccoli?

Did Mr. Aizawa found some sort of potential in that kid? Don't tell me he already made a favorite student. All the Broccoli did was throw a ball and break his finger.

Giving Midoriya one more glance, I turned to look back at the board. My eyes immediately locked on the top of the board.

1st- Nora Azumi.

Oh... that's me...

I wasn't intending on doing that good on the assessment. But if I got first that means...

2nd- Shoto Todoroki.

Welp. He'll look at me like I'm a major enemy now.

"Who's Nora Azumi?" A voice suddenly spoke from beside me.

I turned my head to look at the Bird headed student who was also looking at the board.

"No idea." I muttered, standing up from the ground.

"Who's Nora Azumi??" Someone else asked from a few meters away.

"No idea." A girl's voice this time. "I think she's one of the students that got in through recommendations. I can already tell she'll be a great hero."