Chapter 23

"The maid was able to bring back the snacks safely, all because of the seller's ability to do business, otherwise those aggressive ladies would have snatched the maid."

Mrs. Li finally raised her eyelids, and looked at Lu Wan coolly, "Then what did the seller do to you, that you worked so hard to speak well for him?"

Lu Wan's heart turned cold, she almost thought that the lady had seen through her little tricks, and immediately met her own lady's eyes that were no different from usual, and managed to suppress her shock.

"Miss, I feel sorry for you. Seeing that you have no appetite for anything to eat recently, I deliberately exaggerated a bit in order to arouse your appetite. But speaking of it, I haven't seen any novelties with the lady for so many years, but this The soft candy is strange. The most exciting thing for the servant girl is that the soft candy has the taste of lychee. When the maid heard that this is the taste my wife likes, she immediately took a picture of it. The sons are biting and not compromising."

"Okay." Mrs. Li raised her watery eyes, raised her arms contemptuously, "Bring it to me and try it, what can blow you like this."

Luwan hurriedly put the sugar on a white porcelain plate, the radiance was dazzling, and the moment Mrs. Li saw the sugar, her eyes lit up.

"My lady, try it."

"Which one is lychee flavored?"

"This one is white."

Lady Li twisted one, put it in her mouth and chewed it lightly.

Luwan tentatively asked: "My lady, how does it taste, do you like it?"

Mrs. Li finished eating slowly, then leaned back on the pillow, and said with a neither salty nor indifferent expression: "It's okay, that's all."

Lu Wan's bright expression darkened instantly, as if she saw the copper coins in her purse flying away with wings. Originally, she planned to persuade her to buy new year's goods for the New Year. Now looking at the lady's appearance, she doesn't seem to be very satisfied. Isn't this matter going to be dirty.

Unexpectedly, just when Lu Wan was about to leave with the fudge, Mrs. Li suddenly said, "Forget it, for the sake of your filial piety, let's stay."

Lu Wan was overjoyed, and hurriedly put the fruit plate on the soft table, and quietly backed away.

After seeing that everyone had retreated, Mrs. Li got up from the slump and ate one after another. This scene was seen by Lu Wan who secretly raised the corner of the curtain, covered her mouth and smiled.

Qing He knew that sugary snacks would sell well as long as the New Year's Eve was approaching, as long as they weren't too rough, he didn't expect that they would sell so well. He just came out, and they were all sold out. However, it may be that he didn't bring much, and he might be able to bring four catties out tomorrow. Even if he couldn't sell it, it wouldn't melt if it was frozen outside, and he could sell it for a long time.

Qinghe shook the purse and put it into the sleeve after hearing the crisp sound, "Dalang, let's buy a few more catties of sugar and candied fruit this time, and I plan to make two catties more tomorrow."

"Okay." Seeing his husband's nose and ears that were red from the cold, his heart suddenly twisted, and a strange and astringent feeling came to his heart, and Kui Wu almost blurted out. Thinking of Qinghe earning money, his brows and eyes seemed to be dyed brightly, and he nodded his head reluctantly.

"I'm going to say hello to shopkeeper Hu. We have to borrow his land tomorrow."

"Let's go together." Qinghe was afraid that Kuiwu would go by himself, shopkeeper Hu would think too much, mistakenly thought that he didn't take him seriously. It is not surprising that there are many people who ask for things from others.