Symphony

By CarasVerity

The third book in the Series to Nothing Personal and Halcyon. Jack and Nikki are still working on their rela... More

Picking up the Pieces
A Relaxing Afternoon
Boiling Point
Meltdown
All hands on Deck
Proceed with Caution
Buried Alive
Just to be Safe
Night Terrors
A Suggestion
Last Minute Nerves
Finally
Mr & Mrs Hodgson
Take a Turn
Birthday Girl
Paddling Pool
An old Friend
End of the Day
Parent's Evening
Keeping Promises
Disappointment
Heartburn
Identity
Coffee Shop
Curry or Pizza
Flirtatious Encounter
Cold Silence
My Secret
A visitor
Veterinary Center
A feline friend
Back to School
Only Time Will Tell
Relaxation
The Mop Bucket
I Pick Now!
Perfect Timing
Emotional
Debating
Three Girls
Reluctant
Accident Forms
Meeting
Statement
Another Arrival?
Sound Screening
Denial in the beginning
The Last Nerve
Audiologist Department
Make it up to You
Chewing Gum
Too Good to be True
A Busy Day
A Night on the Town
Slightly Intoxicated
Three Sheets to the Wind
Proud of the Mistakes
Blueberries for Breakfast
Auditory Perception
The Family Nanny
Pen lids
One Emotion to Another
You Never Know What's Around the Corner
Just Cuts and Bruises
Inheritance
Nutritional Value
Lunchtime
Feeling Guilty
Down the Stairs
Like a Teenager
How Far?
Agitated
Five Years
Funny Looks
Picnic Embarrassment
Getting the Energy Out
Calm before the Storm
A Calm Manner
Running Tests
Abandoning
The Institute
Caught Cheating?
Imminent Meltdown
Don't Give in
Head Screwed on
All too Much
Morning Cuddles
Prospectus
On the Specturm
Storming off
Communication
Wedding Anniversary
Run
Fire Drill
First Aid Kits
Thunder Storm
Not enough Room
Family Meal
Decisions to Make
Motherly Instinct
Morning Chatter
Day Out
Ghosts From the Past
Undercooked
Get it Over and Done With
Never Change
Too Smart
Back to School
Dreaded Sweep
Slower than Usual
Pain Relief
Little bit of Help
Out of the Woods
Life is a Road
Home sweet Home
Lastest Recruit
Outcasted
Hard Work
What goes around
Pass it Round
The Lurgy
Rules of Family Life
Murdered with Words
Unexpected News
Coming to Terms
Decoding
Feeling Stupid
Beaming
Just tell them
Quality Time
It's Getting Closer
Uncomfortable Pressure
Booking in... Again
Late Night Window Talk
The Name Game

Pushing the Boundary

232 1 1
By CarasVerity

Nikki and Jack have just arrived home and sat in Nikki's car taking in the day, "Now Jack, please be nice to your Mum, she's helped with the girls today, just thank her offer to drop her home or something, please be nice" Nikki sighs as she places her hand on Jack's knee. 

Jack nods with a smile as he takes a deep breath and gets out the car, Nikki copies his actions and also climbs out the car before they walk together to the front door. "Be nice Jack" Nikki speaks as she pulls her keys out her handbag and unlocks the door. 
"Sure, I will be nice, you don't have to keep reminding me" Jack responds as he grabs her bum and squeezes it. 

Nikki shoots him a look before she opens the door and steps inside, she takes her jacket off and shoes off as Jack shuts the door and copies Nikki's actions. Nikki walks into the lounge to see Josephine sat on the sofa with Maddison resting against her chest asleep, "Hi, sorry we're late" Nikki speaks up quietly. 

Josephine looks around to see Nikki stood behind her slightly, "Oh it's no worries, they were both golden, I've bathed them both, they've had dinner and Poppy is asleep in bed" Josephine inform as she lies Maddison down on the sofa and stands up, as she stands up she notices Jack stood behind Nikki. "Oh hello, Jack" She speaks awkwardly. 

"Josephine, I think Jack has something he wants to say to you" Nikki speaks as she elbows Jack in the stomach. 
"Have I?" Jack speaks.
"I better be off" Josephine speaks.
"No Josephine, Jack really does need to tell you something" Nikki responds as she walks around the sofa and stands in front of Josephine. 

"Okay?" Josephine replies putting her hands on her hips and looking at her son. 
Jack takes a breath and looks at her, "Look I'm sorry for everything I put you through. Look we would appreciate it if you would join us for a drink and then I can drop you off home" Jack explains. 

Josephine takes a breath before smiling at him, "I'm sorry for keeping everything from you" Josephine smiles as Jack brushes past Nikki and walks over to Josephine and pulls her into a warm hug. 

Nikki walks into the kitchen and grabs two wine glasses and a bottle of wine out of the fridge. She then grabs herself a glass of apple juice, "Here you go, I'm just going to take Maddie upstairs and put her to bed" Nikki smiles as she puts the bottle of wine down on the coffee table. 

She scoops Maddison up and carries her upstairs before settling her down in her cot, she leaves the room and checks in on Poppy who is also fast asleep. Nikki heads back downstairs and sits herself down on the sofa beside Jack, "Not drinking Nicola?" Josephine questions curiously. 

She shakes her head and makes herself comfortable as she sits on her legs and looks at Jack as he snakes his one arm around her small frame. "Tell her," He mumbles against her ear as he smiles. 

"Tell me what?" Josephine speaks as she sips her wine and looks at the pair, Nikki and Jack look at each other in shock that she actually heard Jack mumbling. 

Nikki blushes as Jack rubs his thumb over her stomach, "Nikki's pregnant" Jack blurts out with a smile on his face. 
"What? really?" Josephine asks unable to hide the smile that is forming on her face, Nikki nods and blushes slightly, "This is brilliant news" She adds. 

"Came as a bit of a shock to us" Nikki explains. 
"How far along are you?" She quizzes her. 
"Seven weeks" Nikki smiles as she feels Jack hand gently pressing against her stomach, she smiles warmly and places her hand on top of his. 

Josephine looks at the couple happily again, after all these years she thought she would never get any grandchildren or even see them due to Jack not knowing she is his biological mother. And now all of a sudden she has two granddaughters and a third grandchild on the way, she only prayed that Jack would let her stay around to be on hand to help when needed and not push her away, Nikki, on the other hand, is more than welcoming her into the family and allowing her to see the girls as often as she pleases as long as Jack isn't around, although now Jack seems to be warming to the idea with gentle encouragement from Nikki. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 41 10
Jack and Nikki are in a relationship and living together. Jack's picked up a new routine. Does Nikki know about it? Does Nikki have any secrets of he...
16.2K 135 44
Temptation is big on Nikki's cards and she can't help but notice a dashing young Irish man in the workplace, although Nikki has a dilemma she is enga...
312 6 2
A/U - Jack and Nikki have decided to take their two children on holiday in the UK, although their journey doesn't quite go to plan.
Halcyon By CarasVerity

General Fiction

27.2K 160 120
The Sequal to 'It's nothing personal' Poppy is now two years old. Jack and Nikki are still working on their relationship around their daughter and t...