A Guide To American Wandlore

JamesPascatore

In this world, there are many tools one may use to direct magic. One of the most well known of these is the w... Еще

Introduction
American Wand Cores Part 1
American Wand Cores Part 2
Famous American Wandmakers
Shikoba Wolfe
John Torrey
Violetta Beauvais
Wand Flexibility
Regional Wandlore Part 1 - North America
American Chestnut
Bald Cypress
Bristlecone Pine
Catalina Island Mountain Mahogany
Foxtail Pine
Franklinia
Gopherwood
Joshua Tree
Koa
Manchineel
Palm
Sequoia
Torrey Pine
White Elm
American Oak
Southern Magnolia
Sassafras
Southern Yellow Pine
White Oak
Western Hemlock
Dogwood
Pacific Madrone
Western Red Cedar
American Larch (Tamarack)
Ohio Buckeye
Claro Walnut
Eastern Red Cedar
Macadamia
Hickory
Mesquite
Swamp Mayhaw
Mahogany
Mountain Laurel
Prickly Ash
Juniper
Cottonwood
Rosewood
Citrus
Purpleheart
Blue Spruce
Pecan
Red Maple
Northern White Cedar
Blue Palo Verde
Rhododendron
Hornbeam
Holly
Peach
Black Locust
Hawthorn
Ponderosa Pine
Cherry in the United States
Gray Pine
Yellow Poplar
Sugar Maple
Mangrove
Honey Locust
Redwood
Jimson Weed
Wisteria
Candlenut Tree
American Beech
Sweetgum
Apple
Western White Pine
Gingko
Pistachio
Eucalyptus
Quaking Aspen
Birch
Osage Orange
Douglas Fir
Manzanita
Pear
American Sycamore aka Buttonwood
Alder
American Mulberry
Red Spruce
Baobab
Sitka Spruce
Loblolly Pine
Pinyon Pine
Eastern Redbud
Plum
Camphor Tree
Longleaf Pine
Pacific Yew
Persimmon
Tanoak
Basswood
Olive
Slash Pine
Avocado
Spanish Elm
Black Ironwood
Texas Mulberry
Arizona Walnut
Mexican Juniper
White Sapote
Montezuma Cypress
Lignum vitae
Balsam Fir
Kaya
Yucca
Lodgepole Pine
Date Palm
Texas Madrone
Gumbo Limbo
Coconut
Jacaranda
Pomegranate
Monkey Puzzle Tree
Pohutukawa aka New Zealand Christmas Tree
Brazilian Walnut aka Ipê
Quebracho
Nandubay
Algarrobo Negro
Palo Santo
Aruera
Wax Myrtle
Camellia
Carolina Hemlock
Virginia Pine
Palo Borracho
Borrachero
Cinnamon
Hibiscus
Lilac
Mistletoe
Strangler Fig
Horse Chestnut
Cocobolo
Shortleaf Pine
American Mountain-Ash
Crepe Myrtle
Teak
Blackthorn
Yaupon Holly
Pond Cypress
Ivy
White Spruce
Red Pine
Yew
Grand Fir
Rowan
White Ash
Atlantic White Cedar
American Yew
Desert Willow
Hazel
Saguaro
Buckthorn
Mango
Gardenia
White Walnut/Butternut
Rose Bush
Willow
Southern Live Oak
Box Elder
Russian Olive
Silver Maple
Sandalwood
Bigleaf Maple
Snakewood
Slippery Elm
Yellow Birch
Ebony
Eastern White Pine
Bloodwood
Cedar Of Lebanon
Western Larch
Engelmann Spruce
Rocky Mountain Juniper
Apricot
Black Cottonwood
Elder
Subalpine Fir
California Nutmeg
Bamboo
Chinkapin
Mountain Hemlock
Pacific Silver Fir
Black Tupelo
Coffee
Eastern Hemlock
Black Willow
Silver Lime
America's State Trees as wands
Ceiba Tree

Black Walnut

145 2 0
JamesPascatore

Juglans nigra, the eastern black walnut, is a species of deciduous tree in the walnut family, Juglandaceae, native to eastern North America. It grows mostly in riparian zones, from southern Ontario, west to southeast South Dakota, south to Georgia, northern Florida, and southwest to central Texas. Wild trees in the upper Ottawa Valley may be an isolated native population or may have derived from planted trees.

Less common than the standard walnut wand, the black walnut wand seeks a master of good instincts and powerful insight. Black walnut is a very handsome wood, but not the easiest to master. It has one pronounced quirk, which is that it is abnormally attuned to inner conflict, and loses power dramatically if its possessor practices any form of self-deception. If the witch or wizard is unable or unwilling, to be honest with themselves or others, the wand often fails to perform adequately and must be matched with a new owner if it is to regain its former prowess. Paired with a sincere, self-aware owner, however, it becomes one of the most loyal and impressive wands of all, with a particular flair in all kinds of charmwork.

Black walnut is both less common and, somehow, even more, intense than walnut wood. It desires owners with, as Ollivander puts it, "instinct and powerful insight." If the owner is honest with themselves and is aware of both their shortcomings and virtues, this wand's power rises dramatically. The opposite is true as well. If the owner deceives themselves and ignores their faults and vices, this wand will become feeble and lethargic. This wand's reaction to doubt is even more dramatic, as it may try to 'play dead.'

A natural distrust of others is a common thread among black walnut owners. They are wary about falling in love and avoid what they deem as unnecessary emotional complications. When they do allow themselves to love, they do so with all their heart. Near endlessly faithful, they will do anything and everything for their loved ones. They are protective of things and people they consider theirs. They may have had issues sharing when they were younger, whether it be toys or friends. As they only consider at the most a few people as their friends, they can be a bit insecure about being replaced or forgotten.

Intelligent, these witches and wizards fare well in academics. Other people recognize and praise them for this, but might ignore the owner's other positive qualities in the process. This can lead the owner to feel they are only valued for their intelligence, or for how much they can help others. Feeling taken for granted or that people are abusing them for their intellectual gifts is, unfortunately, common among black walnut owners. Language intrigues them and they may have an obsession with words and wordplay. Due to their mental acuity, they are great at comebacks, sharp retorts, puns on the fly, improv, and any task involving writing.

Highly competitive, at their worst, they may unfairly cut down or bully the competition. This happens because the owner sees themselves as 'the smart person'–if they fail, then they are no longer 'smart' in their own eyes, which can cause an identity crisis of sorts. Though they pretend not to care about other people's opinions of them, they do care about whether people think they are worthy (which for them usually comes down to being 'smart'). With this in mind, they can be self-centered at times and only care about their own image or facade rather than how their actions to preserve it affect other people.

These witches and wizards often have a tendency to get headaches and migraines, which is (thankfully) reduced when paired with this wand. There is a talent with poisons, as well as with magic to do with containment and banishment. It is one of the best wands for charmwork. If paired with the right core, this wand can perform feats when it comes to healing the brain and mind.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

310K 7.2K 64
Jemina Potter is a witch, a mother, a sister, a wife, a friend, an enemy, and an ally - but not a baby fish. She is incredible; kind and thoughtful...
8.6K 270 21
(Y/N) "Doe" Lindon is a very well known witch in the wizarding world. At the age of 4 she had already mastered all known information on transfigurati...
In your world MT950

Фанфик

15.7K 1K 73
It's a story about a girl who by accident enters the fictional world and she knows what going to happen. she just wants to survive normally but that...
15.5K 332 20
In this heated four-way love story, you're a new student at Hogwarts who's travelled to wizarding schools all over the world from Ilvermorny in the U...