Longleaf Pine

The longleaf pine is a pine native to the Southeastern United States, found along the coastal plain from East Texas to southern Maryland, extending into northern and central Florida

The longleaf pine is a pine native to the Southeastern United States, found along the coastal plain from East Texas to southern Maryland, extending into northern and central Florida. It reaches a height of 30–35 m and a diameter of 0.7 m. In the past, before extensive logging, they reportedly grew to 47 m with a diameter of 1.2 m. The tree is a cultural symbol of the Southern United States, being the official state tree of Alabama and the unofficial state tree of North Carolina.

Longleaf Pine is a popular wand wood in the South, but they are very rare and they are one of the most endangered trees in America. The owner of a Longleaf Pine wand is charming, generous, and confident. They do not tend to go against the grain and dislike confrontation. Harmony and peace are important to them as they do not deal with stress well at all. They would prefer not to know something if it would disrupt their life. If it does not directly impact them, they do not see how it is their problem. They do like to be involved in local humanitarian efforts, or just help people they know personally. They can be quite generous with their time, money, and possessions.

They love their environment to be aesthetically pleasing and are excellent interior and exterior decorators. Effective mediators, brokering peace and agreement is natural to them. They have a soothing presence. Their minds are overwhelmingly active, fluttering from one thought to the next. They can process new external information at rapid speeds. There is lore that Longleaf Pine wands enhance their owner's mental abilities as well as speech. They may be susceptible to flattery. This wood is excellent at defensive magics and has talent in magic to do with love, the mind, songs, and persuasion. When this wand sees something it believes to be aesthetically pleasing (or the owner thinks is aesthetically pleasing), it will let out a noise similar to the tinkling of bells. This wand bonds exceptionally well with pearls as embellishments.