Sitka Spruce

Picea sitchensis, the Sitka spruce, is a large, coniferous, evergreen tree growing to almost 100 m tall, with a trunk diameter at breast height that can exceed 5 m

Picea sitchensis, the Sitka spruce, is a large, coniferous, evergreen tree growing to almost 100 m tall, with a trunk diameter at breast height that can exceed 5 m. It is by far the largest species of spruce and the fifth-largest conifer in the world; and the third-tallest conifer species. The Sitka spruce is one of the few species documented to reach 91 m in height. Its name is derived from the community of Sitka in southeast Alaska, where it is prevalent. Its range hugs the western coast of Canada and continues into northernmost California.

Sitka is considered the most powerful member of the spruce family of wand woods. Popular in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest, Sitka Spruce wands wait for an owner that most people would describe as being quiet or being a wallflower. As such, this wood heavily favors introverts. The witches and wizards chosen by Sitka Spruce do not care much for being the center of attention and dislike pomp and circumstance. Quick on their feet, they are often among the first to respond in a situation (especially a duel). Their minds are fast-paced despite their still appearance. They rely more on their senses and observations than on intuition. These folks are tough negotiators, and not much gets past them. They are uncompromising in their beliefs and are resolute in their decisions. Their faces do not show much emotion, people often describe them as stoic. They need to work on empathizing with others more and trying to see through other people's perspectives. Their owners tend to get wrinkles later in life than the average witch or wizard.