Eastern White Pine

Pinus strobus, commonly denominated in the eastern white pine, northern white pine, white pine, Weymouth pine, and soft pine, is a large pine native to eastern North America

Pinus strobus, commonly denominated in the eastern white pine, northern white pine, white pine, Weymouth pine, and soft pine, is a large pine native to eastern North America. It occurs from Newfoundland, Canada west through the Great Lakes region to southeastern Manitoba and Minnesota, United States, and south along the Appalachian Mountains and upper Piedmont to northernmost Georgia and perhaps very rarely in some of the higher elevations in northeastern Alabama. It is also the Provincial Tree of Ontario and State Trees of Maine and Michigan. Its needles contain 5 times more vitamin C than lemons and can be used in teas. The symbolic Iroquois 'Tree of Peace' is a Northern White Pine.

A surprisingly fluid wood, EWP wands make for consistently flexible wands that often find themselves in the hands of those well able to adapt themselves to social situations. While this adaptability and flexibility can be exceedingly useful it can end badly, with the wand's aid encouraging the Wix it chose to become almost flighty in its choices and behaviors. However, because it is a highly flexible and adaptable wand many wizards will ask for Northern White Pine wands in the hope of finding a useful helpmate, who is well able to cast most spells in most situations. However, few of these people are chosen by Northern White Pine wands.