Bigleaf Maple

Acer macrophyllum, the bigleaf maple or Oregon maple, is a large deciduous tree in the genus Acer

Acer macrophyllum, the bigleaf maple or Oregon maple, is a large deciduous tree in the genus Acer. Big Leaf Maple can grow up to 157.80 feet tall, but more commonly reaches 15–20 m tall. It is native to western North America, mostly near the Pacific coast, from southernmost Alaska to southern California. Some stands are also found inland in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains of central California, and a tiny population occurs in central Idaho.

Popular on the Pacific Northwest and California, Bigleaf Maples are among the most extroverted and energetic of all maple species wands. Their owners are likewise extroverted and energetic, and are early risers. They tackle problems head on, and may leap into other people's problems without thinking it through. A savior complex drives them to do so– they don't even think to ask the person or people involved. They are desperate to help, but they may cause their own problems or drama by doing so.

Their intuition and personal charm allows them to navigate most social circles with ease. Though they are extroverted, it is difficult for them to become part of a clique or group. Their powerful insights contrasted with their emotional outbursts is too intense for most people to handle for long periods of time, and the owner recognizes this and moves on when they deem necessary. It often feels like there are two sides to their personality, and they have trouble with having people take their insights and statements seriously. They also grow and reach new levels in their academic and other goals rapidly– to them a light bulb just goes "on" and away they go. This confuses other people, and the owner may be accused of cheating or of being deceitful as a result. They are merciful people and forgive too easily in their youth. They dislike conflict and don't like problems to go on unresolved. Small and cute critters are endearing to these people. Along those lines, they also adore children and babies. They interact well with them too, due to their energy and imagination. There is talent in magic to do with opening/unlocking/liberation, enchantment, water divining, and transfer of energy/magic. Best subjects often include: care of magical creatures, potions, herbology, transfiguration, and charms. There are issues with defense against the dark arts and ancient runes. Jade sparks are emitted from this wand wood during spellwork.