Mistletoe

Mistletoe is the common name for most obligate hemiparasitic plants in the order Santalales. Mistletoes attach to and penetrate the branches of a tree or shrub by a structure called the haustorium, through which they absorb water and nutrients from the host plant.

 Mistletoes attach to and penetrate the branches of a tree or shrub by a structure called the haustorium, through which they absorb water and nutrients from the host plant

A golden warm wood, mistletoe has a complex reputation among European wizarding cultures, as it is associated with trickery and manipulation. There is some truth to this, as those who possess a mistletoe wand are chosen by said wand for their resourcefulness and ability to influence their community. An appreciation for the misunderstood or underappreciated plants and creatures is also common among these wizards and witches.

The distrust of those with mistletoe wands may come from individuals in wizarding history who developed a habit of using people(consciously or not) to gain what they want without regard to said people. This can be an issue at less historic levels as well. A desire for revenge, for themselves and others, can cause further difficulty in their lives– as this desire often overpowers their potent common sense.

Perhaps because of the distrust shown by others, these people also find it difficult to trust people easily. As such, they possess a small circle of friends (maybe even just one person) with who they feel comfortable enough to let their guard down. They are capable of doing anything to protect the people or things they love. Even if it's unrecognized, they have a great influence on their community– often for the better. This may be due to their independent nature and willingness to set a positive example when others don't or won't. They appreciate diversity for diversity's sake and love to have new experiences, especially food.

It is talented in magic to do with healing, constriction, absorption, redistribution, and draining. This wand is gifted at herbology, care of magical creatures, charms, and potions. When performing magic, chartreuse, white, and crimson tendrils fork out from this wand. Its magic smells of freshly fallen snow and iron. Birch wand owners and mistletoe wand owners do not fare well together. Sometimes, other wand woods are naturally wrapped in mistletoe, especially oak. This can indicate certain traits or influences depending on the wand wood in question. The most predictable feature is that these people have magic in extreme abundance.