Pacific Silver Fir

Abies amabilis, commonly known as the Pacific silver fir, is a fir native to the Pacific Northwest of North America, occurring in the Pacific Coast Ranges and the Cascade Range from the extreme southeast of Alaska, through western British Columbia...

Abies amabilis, commonly known as the Pacific silver fir, is a fir native to the Pacific Northwest of North America, occurring in the Pacific Coast Ranges and the Cascade Range from the extreme southeast of Alaska, through western British Columbia, Washington and Oregon, to the extreme northwest of California. It is also commonly referred to as the white fir, red fir, lovely fir, Amabilis fir, Cascades fir, or silver fir. It grows at altitudes of sea level to 1,500 metres in the north of the range, and 1,000–2,300 m in the south of the range, always in temperate rain forest with relatively high precipitation and cool, humid summers. Common associate trees are Douglas fir and in the extreme southern area of its range, California buckeye. Pacific Silver Fir is probably the most powerful member of the fir family and they are heavily prized in the Pacific Northwest and California. The famed Pacific Northwest wandmaker, Edison Huxley Fielding, owns a wand made from this wood.

Daydreamers, these witches and wizards often seem like they live in another plane of existence. When it comes to the Truth, however, they can be direct and aggressive in their pursuit. Truth and the integration of it into their knowledge is vital. They spend countless hours thinking about the subject of Truth and how they can better reflect Truths in their lives. It is interesting to not that just as many philosophers have held silver lime wands as Seers. Though this wand centers on Truth it also centers on another capital-requiring idea– Love. These people also often think and consider the nature of Love, and love to be in love as well. In antiquity, Pacific Silver Fir is also called the wood of lovers.

These people do love with all their heart, and form strong attachments quickly. However, they are also highly self-aware and, knowing this about themselves, they may try to sabotage themselves in order to spare their own feelings. These witches and wizards are exacting and have perfectionist tendencies. They are not satisfied with being seen as average or normal, which makes them highly self-conscious. Most famously there is talent with prophecy and divination. Less famously, there is talent in mind-based magics like legilimency and occlumency, as well as in magic to do with revealing. Finding and exploiting weak points is a specialty of this wand and its owner, which makes it useful in curse-breaking and penetrating enemy's wards or defenses. Pacific silver fir is excellent in divination, potions, care of magical creatures, herbology, and defense against the dark arts. There can be difficulty with transfiguration and charms to do with masking or deceiving.

Silver, dark gray, and pale green ripples are emitted from this wand during spellwork. Its magic smells of limes, rosehips, and water lilies. Pacific Silver Fir is strong against lightning magic, and can deflect it without much trouble. Having high agency, Pacific silver fir wands may not allow their owner to commit what it sees as petty lies. It has no patience for lies or half-truths– it will only allow its owner to lie in serious circumstances. This wand can act as a lie detector when the owner is speaking to others. It will glow a vibrant silver when it detects a lie.