Red Spruce

Picea rubens, commonly known as red spruce, is a species of spruce native to eastern North America, ranging from eastern Quebec and Nova Scotia, west to the Adirondack Mountains and south through New England along the Appalachians to western North...

Picea rubens, commonly known as red spruce, is a species of spruce native to eastern North America, ranging from eastern Quebec and Nova Scotia, west to the Adirondack Mountains and south through New England along the Appalachians to western North Carolina. This species is also known as yellow spruce, West Virginia spruce, eastern spruce, and he-balsam.

Found most commonly in Eastern North America, Red Spruce makes for an intriguing wand wood. The owners of wands with this wood are fierce, relentless, and practical. They face life head-on and seem unafraid of pain. They do not mind revealing their vulnerability and turning their weaknesses into their strengths and armor. Even when they are not trying to, they can come off as thorny or combative.

They are hardworking and like to sweat a bit. They prefer physical jobs and tasks. For example, they would prefer painting overwriting or mechanical engineering over coding. They are sensitive to others' feelings and incredibly observant of other people's behaviors. Bullies and opportunists anger these witches and wizards, and they will stand up to them– no matter the cost. They make a great ally for the underdog. Preferring to proceed with tasks in previously established ways, these people can be called old-fashioned. They will adapt when needed, though a bit reluctantly. Practical solutions fit their view best, and they may dislike more abstract or roundabout solutions.