Baobab

Adansonia is a genus of deciduous trees known as baobabs

Adansonia is a genus of deciduous trees known as baobabs. They are found in arid regions of Madagascar, mainland Africa, Arabia, and Australia. The generic name honors Michel Adanson, the French naturalist and explorer who described Adansonia digitata. They are an important wand wood in Floridian wandlore.

One of the most prized trees throughout Africa, especially Madagascar, but also Florida, Australia, and the Middle East, baobab wands choose wizards and witches destined to have extremely long lifespans, like Bristlecone Pine. Baobab was also a favorite import for the Ancient Egyptians, who were obsessed with wandlore and wand theory. The ideal owner has a cautious nature and likes to be prepared for everything. They don't judge based on appearances and are unlikely to be called shallow ever. However, they tend to fall in love or become attached to people too quickly. With everything and everyone they hold dear, they love intensely. They may be a bit gullible in this regard, but they are always sincere.

They think outside the box and approach problems in novel ways. Their solutions are simple and creative. They often have a penchant for sitting upside down to stimulate thinking. Night owls, their minds stay active long into the night. Insomnia is common. Many baobab wand owners are avid collectors of whatever interests them and don't like to throw anything away. Hoarding is common. They are afraid to throw things away because of the possibility that they may need the item in the future. They also are very frugal with their money and can be stingy at times. If the wand seems to be despondent, wait for sunset and go with it outside, letting the wand bask in its light. For some reason, goats and sheep like the taste of this wand wood. Keep it away from them.