Gray Pine

Pinus sabiniana (sometimes spelled P

Pinus sabiniana (sometimes spelled P. sabineana), with vernacular names including towani pine, foothill pine, gray pine, bull pine, and digger pine, is a species of pine endemic to California in the western United States. Some sources discourage using the name "digger pine," considering it pejorative ("digger" was a slur commonly used to refer to Indigenous Americans in the Great Basin and California).

Heavily prized in California, Gray Pine wands seek owners with a desire to unite and lead people. They have bright ideas and are a source of comfort for others. Over-brimming with energy, they are natural multitaskers and like to be involved. Loyal and loving, they are their best selves around other people and are willing to sacrifice themselves not for a cause, but for the sake of those they love. The owner's good luck usually helps them through situations where their naivete gets them in trouble. A common trait among Gray Pine wand owners is having a loud or booming voice and having trouble controlling the volume of it. They certainly do not lack presence and exude charisma. It can be difficult for them to think through the details, as they prefer to think about the big picture. So, they may act upon their ideas for the future but overlook the possible consequences of said actions in the process. There is a talent with occlumency, and magic to do with sound and voice. Felines are more docile for those with a Gray Pine wand (though the core may affect this). Musical talent is common, especially with singing or trumpeting.