Desert Willow

Chilopsis is a monotypic genus of flowering plants containing the single species Chilopsis linearis

Chilopsis is a monotypic genus of flowering plants containing the single species Chilopsis linearis. It is known commonly as desert willow or desert-willow because of its willow-like leaves, but it is not a true willow – being instead a member of the catalpa family.

Popular in the Southwestern United States and in California, Desert Willow wands are known to help their owner overcome fear and nerves. Like Saguaro, it favors desert cultivations. In their prime, these are calm people with great intuition and feeling. More quick-minded than they appear, willow owners have great cunning and excel in solving complex puzzles. They are a peaceful combination of wit and emotion and live rationally. They tend to trail off in conversation, their mind is processing threads upon threads of thought at once. It takes time for them to process and decide what they think and feel about a situation. Their insecurities may hold them back from doing what they want or what they enjoy.

They feel deeply, and empathy comes naturally to them. Other people's feelings influence their own, and they can become easily bogged down with them. Jealousy is not a common feeling for them, and they tend to not compare themselves with others. However, they cannot stand it when people blame others or external forces for their problems without looking inward. Other than jealousy, it can be hard for them to contain extreme emotions. For the most part, they appear calm and rational, these outbursts of emotion have a great impact on those who know them well. It takes a lot to stimulate their emotions to such a degree– it's terrifying when they are angered. Grief may overwhelm them to an insurmountable degree. Flexible to a degree, when they snap– they snap. If someone has broken their trust or friendship there is little chance of amending the relationship.

These witches and wizards are gifted with eloquence in their words and actions. They are capable of intricate movements and magics. There is a talent for healing, prophecy (in the form of dream visions), spell creation, and weaving magic together. Poetry is a common talent as well. Willow is good for charms, transfiguration, divination, potions, and astronomy. This wand may have issues in defense against the dark arts, especially in the performance of more violent hexes, curses, and jinxes. This is one of the best wands at performing the most complex and advanced charms.