Lodgepole Pine

Pinus contorta, with the common names lodgepole pine and shore pine, and also known as twisted pine, and contorta pine, is a common tree in western North America

Pinus contorta, with the common names lodgepole pine and shore pine, and also known as twisted pine, and contorta pine, is a common tree in western North America. It is common near the ocean shore and in dry montane forests to the subalpine, but is rare in lowland rain forests. Like all pines, it is an evergreen conifer. This pine is in abundance, particularly in western Canada and the Pacific Northwest portion of the United States. Pinus contorta is prolific throughout the Cascades, the Sierra Nevada, and extends to southern California. It is a pine tree of the mountains and grows to an elevation of 11,000 feet.

A wand wood native to the west coast of the United States, Lodgepole Pine wands are often dyed or stained to make them more interesting, though there are a fair few wandmakers who leave their pale-with-grey-rings color alone, thinking it striking enough and are very similar to wands made from Walnut. Lodgepole pine is a close cousin of Torrey Pine and seeks similar individuals - the intelligent, innovative, and insightful, those with good instincts and understanding, willing to be honest and sincere with their perception of things, including themselves. Those chosen by Lodgepole wands can seem flighty at the first meeting, but often have a noble heart and will stand their ground when push comes to shove - and their wand will match them. Due to the Charmswork tendencies of Walnut wood, many will find Lodgepole wands are well-suited to the spells of house and home, a tendency which belies their excellent skill with complicated Defense Against the Dark Arts charms work.