Atlantic White Cedar

Chamaecyparis thyoides, a species of Cupressaceae, is native to the Atlantic coast of North America and is found from southern Maine to Georgia and along the Gulf of Mexico coast from Florida to Mississippi

Chamaecyparis thyoides, a species of Cupressaceae, is native to the Atlantic coast of North America and is found from southern Maine to Georgia and along the Gulf of Mexico coast from Florida to Mississippi. It is one of two species of Chamaecyparis found in North America. C. thyoides resides on the East Coast and C. lawsoniana can be found on the West Coast. There are two geographically isolated subspecies, treated by some botanists as distinct species, by others at just varietal rank: Chamaecyparis thyoides thyoides and Chamaecyparis thyoides henryae E.Murray The species grows in forested wetlands where they tend to dominate the canopy. The trees are associated with a wide variety of other wetland species because of their wide north-south range. The remaining populations are now found mostly in remote locations that would be difficult to harvest, so its popularity as a source of lumber has decreased.

Atlantic White Cedar wands are popular all across the eastern United States. They are powerful and exacting. They do not tolerate lazy owners. These wands will either let themselves be taken by someone with more drive or they will shock their owner to motivate them. Their ideal owners are hardworking, ambitious, and charismatic. Glory and honor are vital to them. They love competitions and tests– they do their best work under pressure. Often athletic, sports are another option for them to attain glory. However, they are capable of dangerous magic if there is an obstacle in their way of glory or honor.

As much as their pride drives them to do great things, their ego can keep them considering how they impact other people. They can also be over-confident and overlook details and logic, which can lead to their downfall. Possessing many friends and admirers, laurel owners are social butterflies. They love social events and group work.