Crepe Myrtle

Lagerstroemia, commonly known as crape myrtle, is a genus of around 50 species of deciduous and evergreen trees and shrubs native to the Indian subcontinent, southeast Asia, northern Australia, and parts of Oceania, cultivated in warmer climates a...

Lagerstroemia, commonly known as crape myrtle, is a genus of around 50 species of deciduous and evergreen trees and shrubs native to the Indian subcontinent, southeast Asia, northern Australia, and parts of Oceania, cultivated in warmer climates around the world. It is a member of the family Lythraceae, which is also known as the loosestrife family. The genus is named after the Swedish merchant Magnus von Lagerström, a director of the Swedish East India Company who supplied Carl Linnaeus with plants he collected. These flowering trees are beautifully colored and are often planted both privately and commercially as ornamentals.

Native to the Mediterranean, especially prized in Sardinia and Corsica, myrtle wands tend to choose those destined to be healers of some sort. Myrtle is also one of the most prized wand woods in Israel. In the Deep South, Myrtle is popular with the Southern wizarding nobility. More men than women are chosen by myrtle wands. These witches and wizards are organized, charming, and emotional. It is common for them to have large networks of friends and acquaintances. No matter where they go they always seem to find somebody they know.

They love to make their lives as aesthetically pleasing as possible. This includes having their spaces be highly organized; they despise clutter. Thinking of ways to improve their lives and others is a constant activity for them. It can be difficult for them to enjoy being in the moment, without looking toward the future. Their emotions run high and they cry pretty easily. Envy and jealousy are major issues, as they can be extremely possessive of the people and objects closest to their hearts.

Magenta, mint green, violet, periwinkle blue, black, gold, and pearly white swirls are emitted from this wand when it is delighted or by people in love (including its owner). Thus, this is one of the more colorful wands when it comes to its magic. The combination and strength of each color reveal the mood of the wand and its owner. The scent of eucalyptus with traces of lilac and pepper hangs around this wand when irritated. When relaxed or content, this wand will emit a perfume of rosemary, juniper, and oranges.