Rocky Mountain Juniper

Juniperus scopulorum, the Rocky Mountain juniper, is a species of juniper native to western North America, in Canada in British Columbia and southwest Alberta, in the United States from Washington east to North Dakota, south to Arizona and also lo...

Juniperus scopulorum, the Rocky Mountain juniper, is a species of juniper native to western North America, in Canada in British Columbia and southwest Alberta, in the United States from Washington east to North Dakota, south to Arizona and also locally western Texas, and northernmost Mexico from Sonora east to Coahuila. It grows at altitudes of 500–2,700 meters on dry soils, often together with other juniper species. "Scopulorum" means "of the mountains.

Witches and wizards chosen by Rocky Mountain Juniper wands are often highly energetic and vivacious. Much like Cherry wands, These wands are excellent for duelling and defense, and have a long history in the Rocky Mountains of warding away bad-influences; it is believed that the bearer of a Rocky Mountain Juniper wand will be, if not lucky, certainly never unlucky. Additionally the wands, when cored with a Unicorn-type core, are superb for helping unsettled ghosts, spirits and amortal entities find rest, or otherwise drive them away, by exorcism or other means.