California Nutmeg

Torreya californica is species of conifer endemic to California, occurring in the Pacific Coast Ranges and the foothills of the Sierra Nevada

Torreya californica is species of conifer endemic to California, occurring in the Pacific Coast Ranges and the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. It is commonly known as California Torreya or California Nutmeg Tree. Not to be confused with actual nutmeg (not related), California Nutmeg is the wand wood that searches for wizards and witches as determined as itself. Hardy, this wand wood will look new well into old age. This quality of hardiness extends to its owner, who manages to survive where others would fail.

Self-motivated and self-reliant, these people don't need others to remind them of what's important or to assist them either. Not that they won't ask for help, but that they do their best to accomplish the task at hand before so. Perseverance defines them– they will try and try again to succeed and don't care how many times they fail. As such, they can seem intense and relentless in pursuit of their goals or dreams. This can exhaust them and they may over-exert themselves, as well as other people's patience.

They become their best self during and after facing harsh challenges or obstacles. The wand will only reveal its true power after the two have gone through hardships together. Until then, it may be under-performing. If the owner gives up or is not giving a task their all, then the wand may burn or shock them (depends on wand core).

Though they are determined and ambitious, they are not fully selfish. Their hearts contain much love– which guides their greatest attempts and gives them strength. They also almost never break their promises. Integrity (who you are in the dark) is vital to them, and they are unforgiving to those who lack integrity or break promises. Other shared features among many quince wand owners is that their skin doesn't burn easily, and are good with children.

There is talent with cultivating and communicating with plant life. Magic to do with vows, oaths, and promises is a specialty of this wand. This wood tends to excel in herbology, defense against the dark arts, potions, ancient runes, and astronomy. The owner may revitalize their spirit in a garden, a greenhouse, or a forest. Bright yellow and orange tendrils are emitted by this wand during spellwork. Its magic smells of  honey, and hot sands. If this wand seems tired, pour honey over it and then place it in sunshine for three hours and thirty three minutes. After great accomplishments, the wand may emit a soft light (though the color and intensity does depend on the core). This wand wood likes to be the only wand used by its owner. It is especially jealous of maple wands, due to their similarities. In extreme cases, this may result in the quince wand trying to destroy or banish the maple wand.