Horse Chestnut

Aesculus hippocastanum is a species of flowering plant in the soapberry and lychee family Sapindaceae

Aesculus hippocastanum is a species of flowering plant in the soapberry and lychee family Sapindaceae. It is a large deciduous, synoecious tree, commonly known as horse-chestnut or conker tree.

Prized in England, Ireland, Ukraine, and the Midwestern United States the horse chestnut is quite different from the similarly named chestnut. A light caramel color, this wood is rumored to bestow its owner with good luck. This wand selects those who know how to make a lot out of nothing. Their creativity is astounding, and it's the simple things in life that make them happy. As children, they might have preferred to play in the woods and use twigs and flowers as toys. Using the environment and materials around them comes naturally. They often have a head for strategy and excel at prioritizing tasks.

Like the horse chestnut, these people may look a bit spiky (easily annoyed) because of their resting facial expressions– they do not have very expressive faces. However, their personalities are often laid-back and non-judgmental. They may not feel like the best conversationalist and are quiet because they find making small talk extremely agonizing (and time-wasting). As such, most horse chestnut owners are introverts who prefer to interact with the world around them, or simply observe, rather than talk).

A peculiarly common trait among horse chestnut owners is having good circulation. Conkers can be used for divination, the game of conkers comes from a simplified form of one such ritual to predict the outcome of two opposing forces (individuals, armies, etc.). The leaves can be used to predict the weather. As such, there is a great talent for divination with this wand. Other specialties of this wand include magic to do with sedation and stunning.

Moss green, robin's egg blue, and pale scarlet mists are emitted from this wand during spellwork. Its magic smells of petrichor, sage, and honeysuckle. Curiously, this wand seems to repel acromantula and quintapeds. These wand owners do not often get along with wand owners of acromantula hair wands.