Date Palm

Phoenix dactylifera, commonly known as date or date palm, is a flowering plant species in the palm family, Arecaceae, cultivated for its edible sweet fruit

Phoenix dactylifera, commonly known as date or date palm, is a flowering plant species in the palm family, Arecaceae, cultivated for its edible sweet fruit. Although its exact place of origin is uncertain because of its long cultivation, it probably originated from the Fertile Crescent region straddling Egypt and Mesopotamia. The species is widely cultivated across Northern Africa, the Middle East, The Horn of Africa, and South Asia, and is naturalized in many tropical and subtropical regions worldwide. P. dactylifera is the type species of the genus Phoenix, which contains 12–19 species of wild date palms, and is the major source of commercial production.

A very versatile and ancient wand wood, one of the first ever used, Date Palm wands tend to pick those wizards who can remain strong despite many trials - this durability is common, though not precisely required by the wand wood, which will also seek those of a sweeter nature if possible. Due to this variability, a large part of understanding this wand wood comes down to its wand core, which can vastly affect its abilities and who it will select - this versatility means it is both very helpful and potentially very dangerous, not that any Aurors in the Mediterranean and the Near East have complained of this.