Coconut

The coconut tree is a member of the palm tree family and the only known living species of the genus Cocos

The coconut tree is a member of the palm tree family and the only known living species of the genus Cocos. The term "coconut" can refer to the whole coconut palm, the seed, or the fruit, which botanically is a drupe, not a nut. The term is derived from the 16th-century Portuguese and Spanish word coco, meaning "head" or "skull" after the three indentations on the coconut shell that resemble facial features.

Coconut is a prized wand wood in India, Indonesia, the Maldives, the Philippines, Vietnam, and throughout Polynesia, Hawaii, and Florida. Coconut wand owners look on the bright side and use available resources to their utmost ability. Efficient folk, they make sure nothing goes to waste. Smooth and clear skin is a common physical trait for these witches and wizards.

There is a grace in the coconut wand owner's movements, with each movement fluid and precise. These people are self-motivated and do not like to waste their time doing busy work or pointless tasks. This can cause trouble for them at school unless the meaning behind said tasks or work is explained sufficiently. They search for knowledge that is directly applicable to their lives and is not concerned with information that is not. If knowledge can be shown to apply to them, then they can be eager to learn. Unfortunately, teachers and faculty may mislabel this as laziness or as trying to push boundaries instead of considering that perhaps they are not explaining the 'so what?' behind the content being taught. There is an innate vitality to these people, and they refuse to process and regurgitate information on the whim of authority. These people are fantastic at making connections through networks and are natural socialites. However, they are also a bit gossipy, and very interested in other people's business. This can cause distraction and issues in the school, workplace, and at home.

Cooking and lunar-based magic are specialties of this wand. There is a talent for marine life, and these witches and wizards find the ocean and beach as a place to reconnect and renew their minds and magic. This wand comes with a polished look naturally and should smell faintly sweet. Cold temperatures can crack this wand, so be sure to place it a wand cozy if traveling or residing in a cool climate.