Grand Fir

Abies grandis is a fir native to the Pacific Northwest and Northern California of North America, occurring at altitudes of sea level to 1,800 m

Abies grandis is a fir native to the Pacific Northwest and Northern California of North America, occurring at altitudes of sea level to 1,800 m. It is a major constituent of the Grand Fir/Douglas Fir Ecoregion of the Cascade Range. Edison Huxley Fielding says he loves to work with Grand Fir.

According to Ollivander, fir is known as the "survivor's wand." This reputation is due to the owner's resilience and focuses in the face of stress and danger. They do seem unusually lucky though. Grand Fir is heavily prized in Northern California and The Pacific Northwest. These are strong-minded witches and wizards and are not swayed from their purpose easily. It is difficult to break their concentration when they get started on a project or task. Once they have an outcome or goal decided upon, they do not often change their minds. They need to work on adapting to changes to their vision.

Their looks may be a bit intimidating, which may be furthered by the intense look of concentration they often have. It may be difficult for them to make friends because of their seeming unapproachability, but also because they seem to lack humor. Truth is, they do possess a sense of humor– it's just dry as a desert. A talent for singing and writing song lyrics and poems is common among fir wand owners. It is talented in magic to do with paper, protection, change, and birth. There is some talent with non-verbal magic. Grand Fir is great for transfiguration, divination, potions, charms, arithmancy, and history of magic. There may be issues with ancient runes. A sharp and sweet pine scent with a hint of citrus lingers around this wand. Silver-gray and sapphire sparks flicker from this wand when performing magic. This wand drips resin which can be used in potions designed for sealing and fortifying spells. Fir wands are stronger during the winter solstice. This is especially true for all Fir wands.