Purpleheart

Peltogyne, commonly known as purpleheart, amendoim, violet wood, amaranth, and other local names is a genus of 23 species of flowering plants in the family Fabaceae; native to tropical rainforests of Central and South America; from Guerrero, Mexic...

Peltogyne, commonly known as purpleheart, amendoim, violet wood, amaranth, and other local names is a genus of 23 species of flowering plants in the family Fabaceae; native to tropical rainforests of Central and South America; from Guerrero, Mexico, through Central America, and as far as south-eastern Brazil.

A spiritual wood, good for introspection and reflection. Purpleheart wands favor witches and wizards full of kindness and generosity. This wood searches out individuals looking to help those around them. Many think this is because purple heart wands are best at divination, enchantment, and healing magic. Although a poor wood for submarine casting Purpleheart is nonetheless a reliable wood and one which lasts well and serves well. It can be occasionally tricky to turn into a wand, and often requires regular varnishing and polishing, but remains a popular and well-considered wand wood in South America and Central America, to the point of wands made there, a wand wood harvested there occasionally being sold on to wandmakers elsewhere in the world to help match to those unusual people Purpleheart prefers. Generally, this wood seeks the uncertain and the vague, those well able to tread a middle path, and those who prefer it that way. Interestingly its magical skills are just as divided, with penchants for both healing and harming, and solid subjects such as Transfiguration and Conjuring, as well as more vague and by-feel ones such as Potions and Divination, often seeking a Wix just as able to divide themselves between them.