Ivy

The magic of ivy is a binding one, and it clings to its owner more loyally than almost any other wand wood. It can become possessive if its owner tries out other wands, and the owner should not consider a second wand if they want to keep using the ivy. Like the ivy itself, their owners are possessive and need a strong support system. They are also protective of their loved ones and their possessions and need to learn to give them space. It's not that they don't trust other people, but that they despise being alone.

Though they like being around other people, they are very selective in who they care about pleasing. With a tendency to go all in on just about any obstacle or matter, these are ambitious and passionate people with a flair for the dramatic. They may have romantic ideals (as in romanticism) and find it difficult to temper their words or emotions in tense situations. To those dearest to them, they seem more intellectually intense and cultivated– and to outsiders, they appear volatile and intimidating.

 To those dearest to them, they seem more intellectually intense and cultivated– and to outsiders, they appear volatile and intimidating

It is much better to have them on your side rather than as an enemy. They have to learn to work in groups, and an issue with authority (at least those who haven't earned their trust or respect). Alarmingly faithful, they can also be unforgiving when they feel betrayed or insulted. For those who return their loyalty and confidence, they can be the best of lifelong friends. A deep appreciation for poetry (whether writing or reading it) and parties is common among ivy wand holders. The magic of ivy is a bit wild and likes to spread itself out– making it excellent for wide-range magics.

 Emerald and black tendrils creep out of this wand during spellwork. Its magic smells of black currant wine, dried wood, and damp bricks. If it's not in contact with its owner for a long period, this wand can become anxious and emit sickly yellow-green tendrils in its distress. If the core is highly sentient, then it may even 'chase' its owner down to its current location. Those with ivy wands often get along swimmingly with owners of holly or vine.