Sequoia

Sequoiadendron giganteum is the sole living species in the genus Sequoiadendron, and one of three species of coniferous trees known as redwoods, classified in the family Cupressaceae in the subfamily Sequoioideae, together with Sequoia semperviren...

Sequoiadendron giganteum is the sole living species in the genus Sequoiadendron, and one of three species of coniferous trees known as redwoods, classified in the family Cupressaceae in the subfamily Sequoioideae, together with Sequoia sempervirens and Metasequoia glyptostroboides. Giant sequoia specimens are the most massive trees on Earth. The common use of the name sequoia usually refers to Sequoiadendron giganteum, which occurs naturally only in groves on the western slopes of the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California.

Sequoias are among the tallest and largest trees in the world, measuring up to 100 meters high and can range in age from 2,000 to 3,000 years old or higher. It is a very reliable wand wood and favors wizards of a similar disposition. Its amber-red marbling is indicative of its age, and the best sequoia wands feature more marbling, as they are taken from trees thousands of years old. Sequoia wands are much sought after in the Pacific Northwest and California but choose surprisingly few wizards. They are partial to healing and protective magic, and are rather forgiving and supportive in nature, making them ideal for young wizards, and for those who have insecurities to overcome. One famous Sequoia wand with a Wampus cat hair core was used by a Monache Shaman who made the wand from the giant sequoia known today as "General Sherman." found in Sequoia National Park. By volume, it is the largest-known living single-stem tree on Earth with an age estimated between 2,300 to 2,700 years old. Another famous Sequoia wand with Thunderbird tail feather, made by wandmaker Shikoba Wolfe, belongs to the paranormal investigator and explorer James Evercreetch, the twin sister of Melissa Evercreetch. They are the last living descendants of Ilvermorny founder Isolt Sayre, and the first pair of wizards since Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort to own wands with the same core. It's quite powerful but it's a little shorter than its brother, or in this case, its sister.