Hibiscus

Popular in Haiti, South Korea, Malaysia, Cambodia, and India, hibiscus wands are among the most fragrant

Popular in Haiti, South Korea, Malaysia, Cambodia, and India, hibiscus wands are among the most fragrant. There is a duality between them and their owners, as they are capable of great creative feats as equally as destructive. These witches and wizards are glory seekers and have issues with gluttony and lust. Never satisfied, they always want more– whether it be physical desires (food, sex, etc.) or abstract desires (knowledge, power, etc.). In other words, they have no chill. They also seem to have no fear and are aggressive in the pursuit of their desires.

On the flip side, these witches and wizards are incredibly innovative and love to express their creativity. Their imaginations are vibrant, and they can be caught up in daydreams. They are at their best under pressure or in crisis as they revel in a challenge and their mind is quick to generate creative efficient solutions.

This wand wood can be overwhelmingly considerate of its owner– even coddle them by trying to provide for their immediate needs. However, it can also be moody if it is disappointed in its owner, and may express its wrath by explosively creative means (such as dying all their clothes their least favorite color or humming an obnoxious song all day and night long). There is talent in this wand for magics to do with fermentation, shining or polishing, and magic to do with combustion or explosions.

Hibiscus wands perform best in the following subjects: defense against the dark arts, transfiguration, history of magic, divination, and arithmancy. There can be issues with the care of magical creatures, and charms. This wand performs dark and lighter shades of dark magic with great potency. The strength of healing magic from this wand depends heavily on the core paired with hibiscus. Black sparks emit from this wand during hexes, curses, jinxes, and other offensive spellwork. If in a cold climate, place the wand in a bowl of dragon's blood diluted in water (1 part per 5 parts water) one night for every week spent in the cold.