1 - The Chair (unedited 9/24/20)

Please note that this hasn't been edited yet. It's a raw draft. Feel free to rip it apart. Tell me what you like or hate. I want to make BE the best book it can possibly be so honest feedback is always welcome. Consider sharing this book on social media and with others who may enjoy it and help get Breaking Eden noticed by Wattpad. Thanks for reading! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

1 – The Chair

Almost a week had passed since Eden had seen or heard from Declan. Her days were spent alone in her room. She slept or showered or stood at her bank of windows yearning to go outside. Without Declan, she couldn't do much of anything.

Matilda came into the room, drew back the drapes. "Good morning, Eden. What a wonderful day it is!"

Eden stretched her arms high above her head, arching her back with a huge yawn. "It's too early." She rolled to her side underneath the covers and snuggled deeper into its warmth.

"Heavens no, dearie. You've slept the morning away. It's nearing noon."

"What?" Eden bolted upright.

Had she really slept in that late? Without a clock she didn't know. But what she did know was she could never get enough sleep.

"Time to bath and prep you one last time." Matilda disappeared into the bathroom. Seconds later, Eden heard the familiar sound of the tub filling.

"Last time?" Eden asked.

"Yes, dearie. Declan had restricted my care."

Eden got out of bed. "Of course, he did."

"Oh, don't look at it like that, dearie. You've shown growth. He believes you can handle yourself accordingly when called upon." Matilda spoke from inside the bathroom.

There were the sounds of clinking bottles. Eden knew there was only one reason. Matilda was adding her concoctions of oils to sooth and soften Eden's skin. And that meant Declan was around.

"When is Declan making an appearance?" Eden asked in the mouth of the doorway.

"I'm to deliver you to his chambers after you're prepped."

"Then what?"

"Haven't a clue." Matilda motioned Eden to step into the bath. "In you go."

Eden sank beneath the water's surface and when she came up it, it was with a sigh and a smile, "I'm going to miss your baths with the fancy oils."

"I'll be leaving behind my oils for you and all my creams. If you need more just ask." Matilda began to wash Eden's hair. "When prepping for Master's arrival, what should your hair look like?"

"Braided." Eden responded immediately.

"And what of your face and body?"

"Clean and free of make-up and perfume."

"Good girl." Matilda finished Eden's hair. "How do you offer yourself to Master?"

"On my knees with my thighs parted and my hands behind my back."

"Show Master a willing heart and a teachable mind and you will go far." She cupped Eden's cheek. "You've come a long way from when I first met you."

She pressed her lips against Eden's forehead. The offered affection made Eden wonder if this was how it felt to have an affectionate mother figure.

"Don't cry, Dearie. Today is a good day."

Eden nodded, forcing a smile and fearing a sob would come out if she tried to speak.