1 - Blood for Blood (part 1) (Not Edited)

As promised, I'm back to continue on with Breaking Eden! Please note that this hasn't been edited yet. Feel free to rip it apart. Tell me what you like or hate. I want to make BE the best book it can possibly be so honest feedback is always welcome. Thanks for reading! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

1 – Blood For Blood (Part 1) 

Eden sat perched high on a leather-bound barstool in the center of Declan's bedroom. Her hair pulled back and out of her face, just how Declan liked it.

The sun sunk further in the sky, deepening the shifting shadows, elongating them, transforming them into something almost horrifically beautiful if not outright terrifying. The flickering shadows reminded Eden of the thin, clawed hands reaching from the depths of the void, her sanctuary.

If only they were here to pull me down, way from this madness. Eden yearned for their protection.

The others stood before her. Their hands laced behind their necks; heads tilted forward in respect while their Master stood watching at Eden's side. Declan's hand rested lightly on Eden's shoulder as thought holding her in place.

A fire burned brightly in the fireplace. It's crackling offered the only noise in the room. They were bathed in cold shadows, the others. Not one of them dared to move or speak, acting as obedient slaves should in the presence of their master.

Eden watched in utter admiration. Her gaze drifting between each of them in complete awe at how easy they made it appear. How simple it was to obey Declan's command, yet their obedience unsettled her.

It wasn't right. None of this was alright.

Eden's eyes landed on the beauty and her beast. Jude and Darius.

They stood next to one another, merely inches apart, as though it were any other ordinary day. Only now, Jude looked tiny next to her beloved giant who towered over them all. Darius's deep brown skin, wide chest, and rippling muscles were a stark contrast to Jude's slim, feminine features and tawny skin.

Yet the two fit almost perfectly together, as though it were meant to be, proving their connection stood unbreakable. The energy radiating from the pare was contagious. Eden knew their bond was a once in a lifetime experience and was something to be cherished.

Eden burned with envy.

To love so freely, so intensely, was something Eden could only imagine as a slim possibility for herself. She knew nothing of love or real emotion. Even went as far as considering herself broken and not worthy of any real feelings or genuine affection.

Instead, Eden reigned as queen of solitude, sat high on her throne built on lies and deceit.

Eden dragged her gaze to the woman next to them. Sofia.

Her flaming red hair glowed in the light of the fire. A halo of beauty around her head as though she were an angel sent down from Heaven. But Eden knew that was a lie. If anything, Sofia was a demon sent from the darkest pits of Hell, made up to resemble some angelic being.

Sofia stood tall and regal. Her slim body and delicate features were eagerly waiting to carry out Declan's bidding. She appeared ridged and upright, as though proving that only she could stand at perfect attention, better than the others around her.

Her elbows pointed higher which caused her shoulders to sit back, exposing her bare chest for her Master's pleasure. Her slim hips were angled slightly so the light of the fire defined her toned thigh and ass in such a way that it made Edan almost breathless.