11 - The Slap Heard Around The World (7/23/18 New Chapter)

Video: We Got To Get Out Of This Place by The Animals

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that this is a brand new chapter for Breaking Eden. Give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter twelve update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

11- The Slap Heard Around The World

"You are quite the woman, Eden." Harold Humphrey spoke with genuine admiration. His meaty hands slipped down Eden's back and came to rest on her backside. He was even so kind as to offer her cheeks a firm squeeze as he added, "I could dance with you for an eternity."

I bet you'd like more than just a dance from me. Eden removed his hands from her ass for the hundredth time in the last hour they've spent together. Three drinks, a total of five dances, and much conversation had filled their time together.

She quickly learned that Harold Humphrey was one of the elites within the social ranking system of the club. He never married, fathered no children that he knew of, and wreaked of wealth Eden could only dream of having, yet he showed no signs of actually having any, save for his fancy suit and Rolex watch strapped to his wrist. And the more Eden drank, the less Humphrey's breath stank, the less she cared about his curious hands, and the less she thought about Declan.

Time passed slowly. As it was quickly reaching midnight, she found herself enjoying his company, save for his migrating hands and her constant need to correct their direction. Only she found that she couldn't keep herself from stealing little glances at the happier pair across the dance floor.

Declan seems infatuated as ever by Diamond, and Diamond him. She held him close and allowed his hands to roam wherever they wished. Not once did Eden catch her friend correct them. The pair laughed, danced, and every now and then Eden would spot them sharing an intimate kiss.

Jealousy initially drove Eden to watch them. But it was the utter fear of them leaving her behind held her attention.

"I can tell you admire Declan," Harold said when he caught Eden staring at them.

"Not in the least bit. I'm only looking out for my friend is all." Eden forced her attention back to him and offered him a kind smile.

"Declan is a swell man both in business and his personal affairs. Your friend is in great hands. I wouldn't fret." Humphrey grinned. "You, on the other hand, are in the hands of a God."

Eden burst out laughing. She couldn't help herself. "That's a mighty opinion to have."

"I speak nothing but the truth." His hands dipped low again, and this time, he pulled her forward against his bulging belly and held her there. "Would you care to encounter my greatness, to bask in my glory, and experience the greatest of pleasure? Come home with me, Eden, and I will show you what true wealth can bring."

"I'm not leaving this room with anyone else but my friend over there." Eden tried to remove his hands from her backside, but they were unrelenting. His grip tightened at her dismissal. "Now please remove your hands. I think I've had my fill for tonight."

"I know how you desire wealth above anything else, yet you pass it by without care or thought? You're an odd woman, Eden."

"Please remove your hands from my ass. I'm not going to ask you again, Mr. Humphrey." She withered in his grasp, trying to pull away from him, but to no avail.