5 - 8:59 pm that night (not edited)

Video: Wicked Game by Ursine Vulpine ft Annaca

Just a reminder: The following chapter has not been edited yet by myself. This is a first raw rough draft. Please keep that in mind while reading. The writing might not be as fleshed out as past chapters. I'm taking a break from this book but have 6 or so chapters written that I want to post for all my readers. I'll be back to this book after NANO is over. In the mean time check out By Winter's End. If you enjoyed Breaking Eden then you WILL enjoy that book as well. Trust me. : 0 ) In the mean time here is what I have written the past few weeks just haven't had the time or energy to do self edits.

________________________________________________________________________________

5 - 8:59 pm that night

Eden stood outside Declan's door, frozen with her knuckles poised against the door. She'd been standing like that for the past few minutes, willing herself to knock but couldn't bring herself to follow through. She clutched the envelop to her chest as though it was a shield that could protect her from what was about to occur in room behind the door.

She forced herself to knock. Three swift distinct raps against the cool wood then she hugged the envelop closer.

"Come in." Declan called out from the other side. 

When Eden opened the door she was greeted with shadowy darkness filled with flickering light from the roaring fireplace. On any other night, with any other man, she'd have taken this in as a romantic setting. One that would hopefully filled with bottles of wine and sex. 

Dressed in nothing but a pair of sleep pant, Declan stood facing the flickering flames. He was bathed in a warm golden hue, which enhanced every muscle in his back and arms. "I was starting to wonder if you chose to disobey me."

Eden took in a shaky breath and stepped further into the room. With every step her fingers gripped the envelope that much tighter. You can do this. Stand strong. You are in control.

Declan turned, muscles rippling in the wavering glow.

She was taken aback at his appearance. If he were anyone other than Declan Payne, Eden would have ravaged him, would have jumped at the chance to explore his body with her own and take any pleasure he would offer her.

How can such a beautiful human being be so evil? Her grip around the envelope slackened.

"Have you signed them?" His voice was liquid velvet to her ears. 

Eden shook her head, no. Her heart began to pound.

"I can't say I'm surprised. Come here." He motioned her further into the room.

She went to him, behavior like the obedient slave he expected her to be. But before he could stop her, Eden tossed the packet into the flame.

The envelope hit the burning logs with an audible whoosh, displacing the pile. Sparks and flames erupted into the air. It didn't take long for the paper to catch on fire.

" Are you insane?" Declan fished the burning packet out with an iron poker and stomped the flames out with a bare foot before kicking it aside.

"I- " Her voice wavered. Say it clearly. You can do this. "I won't sign my life away. Not to you. Not to anybody."

His approach was quick. He rounded on her in seconds, catching her off guard. Stumbling back, Eden shielded her face with her hands, expecting him to strike her but nothing came.

Instead of fury, Declan offered her kindness, compassion.

He lowered her hands and gently brushed his thumbs over her cheeks to whip away tears that she didn't even realize were there. "Maybe not tonight. Eventually you will sign them of your own free will and you'll throw yourself at my feet and beg me to take you as my own." His lips grazed the spot his thumb had just cleared. "And when you do you'll wonder why it took you so long to allow yourself everything I could offer you."

Eden's pulse fluttered and was visibly shaking at his touch.

"Why are you so frightened of me?"

                  Let me count the ways. Eden thought. You're holding me against my will. You've hit me on more than one occasion, tried to force someone to rape me. Oh and you killed my cat and are threatening to do the same to my brother.

Instead she said, "I'm not." She's be damned if he'd know the truth.

"Don't lie to me." He grip tightened.

"If you're going to rape me then just get on with it. No more games." Her gaze bore into his and he began to laugh. "What's so funny?" A frown knitted her brows.

He would laugh about something so serious. A flicker of anger began to burn inside her.

"Is that what you think I brought you in here for? To rape you?" His laughter became that much louder.

"Why else would you have me come to your room?"

"I'm never going to have sex with you, Eden."

His words were a jumbled mess inside her head. "What?"

"I will not fuck you until you throw yourself at my feet and submit your will to me. I'm not one for rape."

                  "You'll just demand it of others." The anger-fueled flame grew into a roaring bon fire. "That's never going to happen."

"There's the fighter I was expecting to show up." He released her and stepped back, "Kneel."

Eden stood, staring blankly up at him. "Wha-"

Declan slapped her. But the hit was to surprise Eden, not hurt her. "You will obey me in my chamber."

She braced herself for another blow that was sure to come after she spit in his face.

"It's always the hard way with you isn't it?" He slapped her before she could respond.

The blow was harder this time and was indeed meant to hurt her. "You -"

Declan backhanded her. She lost her balance and fell to the floor. "You need to learn to obey me."

Declan towered over her as she coward in his shadow. "We have some things to discuss. Are you ready to talk about your results?" His hands rested on his hips.

"Fuck yo-" Declan's foot caught Eden in the stomach and just like that all the air was knocked out of her lungs. She curled up onto her side, gasping for breath as pain radiated through her side.

He knelt down next to her. Took his time brushing some hair off her face before he asked, "Are you ready to listen?" His tone remained calm and unnerving. "Speak up now."

Eden sucked in a deep and shaking breath and gathered herself to her hands and knees.

"Pick your words wisely now." He watched her struggling.  

When Eden opened her mouth to speak the only thing that made it past her lips was a shrill scream that was cut short when Declan punch her in the face, knocking her out cold.