7 - A Deeper Connection (unedited)

Please note that this hasn't been edited yet. It's a raw draft. Feel free to rip it apart. Tell me what you like or hate. I want to make BE the best book it can possibly be so honest feedback is always welcome. Consider sharing this book on social media and with others who may enjoy it and help get Breaking Eden noticed by Wattpad. Thanks for reading! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

7 – A Deeper Connection

The crying never ended. Eden went on and on as though processing a lifetime of pent up emotions in a single night. There was rage, a deep burning pit that she feared would never leave her. With it came a rush of darkness, thick and dripping with her childhood memories.

One moment Eden was crying, clinging to Declan's body for support in her time of need. The next she'd push him away to scream, "Why?" over and over as though there would ever be an answer that would sooth her completely.

She slapped at his chest, wanting to cause Declan pain. The same hurt she felt as a child, the same pain she'd experience here under his control.

Never once did he stop her.

Her thrashing hands pushed him away, slapped his arm back, moving higher to his face. He took each blow with grace, his features hard and stone like. For some reason this angered her even more.

When she fought in the past, he'd force her to stop. He reigned in her emotional outbursts. He remained silent and still, allowing her to slap him over and over until her movements only caused her pain.

"Why won't you do something?" She screamed, riding out the last of her fury. The darkness swept in, another sob seizing her lungs and making it nearly impossible to breathe. "Fucking do something!" Her hand landed over his cheek; the connection stung her palm.

"Hit me! Make me stop." She pushed him. "Don't just sit there. Make it stop."

Her body was losing momentum as the wave of darkness crashed over her with its suffocating depression.

Declan finally moved. He caught her flailing hands, which still attempted to cause him harm and forced her back against the mattress in one solid movement. He straddled her thrashing hips, pinning her down.

Eden screamed. She fought against him like a mad woman until all that was left was crippling sadness. Her heart shattered, crumbling to dust.

I have no one now. All alone. No one to come save me. Keelan is dead. Her only family. I have no one left that will miss me.

She was left nearly breathless and panting beneath him while he silently held her down.

"Keelan's dead." No matter how hard she worked to stop her tears, they still came. "I want him back." She wailed, squeezing her eyes shut. "Bring him back!"

"Let him go. Let Keelan die." Declan finally spoke, his eyes red, his cheeks wet. "He'll never hurt you again. He's gone."

"He was family. I'm nothing without him." A breath hitched in her throat. "I have no one."

It was true. Eden had made Keelan her world. In times of distress, she'd think of him and remind herself that no matter what happened in life, good or bad, she had Keelan to worry about, to think about, to make her feel whole when all she felt was broken.

There was only darkness now. The comforting stars she'd spent so many nights focusing on were gone. She couldn't even remember their colors. It felt like none of it had even existed, like it was a figment of her childhood imagination.