8 - Declan Needs A Release (3/4/2021 update)

Video: If I Had A Heart by Fever Ray

Feel free to tell me what you honestly think and rip it apart, good or bad, I'm all ears. I'm in the middle of doing final self edits before I start looking for Beta readers. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

8

Declan Needs A Release

Diamond's performance captivated the audience, save for Declan.

His attention remained on Eden's profile. Spellbound by the indigo light that ignited her finer features, turning them delicate, almost angelic, under its brilliant glow. Sharp cheekbones. A soft slope of a nose. The sudden clench of her jaw.

He fought the impulse to touch her, to calm her with a steady hand and reassure her that all was well. How could she be anything but secure? She was the woman of his fantasies. The one who told him to make his plan a reality.

Eden glanced back, catching him staring. Her lips rounded the tiniest bit. He memorized every detail of that curve. How a dimple attempted to crease her pale cheek. But the smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Do you like what you see?" She asked.

"Who wouldn't?" He suppressed the rising impulse to pull her close. The need to taste those haunting lips grew stronger still. Were they pure like the image in his mind? Would they satisfy his hunger?

"Isn't she beautiful?" Her hand moved over his. Her fingers curling so they laced between his.

Warmth. Soft pressure. It was all he noticed. Her mouth curled higher and there it was. A genuine smile meant only for him.

"In every way imaginable." He breathed.

A daring game began. Who would be the first to pull away?

Eden shifted her body, her hand sliding higher up his thigh. This caused her to press against his side in such a way that left him longing for more. He counted by slipping a muscled arm around her shoulders. Without hesitation, she curled into his body and settled against him with a growing grin.

"Hi." Her gaze lingered on his lips. The dimple appeared deep in one cheek. "Hope you don't mind."

His fantasies rang true. The closer he got, the better she smelled. Lavender with a hint of something he couldn't quite place. He dipped his face and offered her a mirrored grin.

Cherries. He thought. Lavender and cherries. The smell of innocence. Of unconquered purity.

Her eyes flicked up. "What're you thinking?"

"You were right."

"I always am." The heat of her breath against his skin sent a shock radiating down his back. It was unadulterated torture and he craved more.

"Is that so?"

She nodded, pulling his arm tighter around her. "Very much so actually."

His fingers danced across her hip. Then lips brushed her earlobe. "I have a proposition for you."

She tensed, ending their game. No victory won or moment of glory achieved.

"I've agreed to dance for you, Declan. Nothing more." To his dismay, she shifted away to watch the end of Diamond's performance.

Thick silence settled between them.

He attempted to pull her back and was met with bitter resistance. Or was it stubborn defiance freezing him out? Wither way it chipped away at his patience.

The song came to a close as Diamond disappeared off stage.

Eden rushed to clap, her sprits rising with the switch of glittering lights. He removed his arm to join her, yet his eyes remained on the pout of her lips. No hint of a smile or shadow of dimple. An act.

Two women rushed from the wings and danced to a song he had little interest in. They stripped each other of their clothing until they were rendered nude. A some point a crescent moon was lowered. They twirled around it, grabbed hold of it only to hoist themselves up onto it. The crowd howled with laughter as they fondled each other's breasts and asses, before stealing little kisses and much more sensual caresses.

His gaze drifted towards Eden's parted lips. The noise of the audience disappeared with a quick intake of breath. He wanted nothing more than to bring her hand to his crotch, to have her experience what she'd done to him.

But they remained silence. Each lost to their thoughts and the urges that burned within their hearts. Acceptance. Lust. Pleasure. Pain.

He leaned into her. "My apologies if I've offended you, Ms. Burrows."

She eyes darted everywhere but him. Harvey cleared his throat, pulling their attention.

"What did you think of Diamond's performance, Declan?"

"Eden was right." Declan propped his elbow on the table and challenged her to look at him. "Diamond is talented and beautiful might I add."

The compliment spent on another woman pushed Eden to laugh. She acknowledged him with a shake of her head.

"Talented is an understatement." She met his gaze. "Diamond isn't beautiful. She's exquisite. And you're a fool not to want her."

Declan's thumb dug into his palm as the urge to reprimand welled within him. There wasn't time for a retort.

"I guess I'll leave you alone to get better acquainted." Harvey struggled out of the booth and onto his feet. "If there's anything you need Declan have Kelsey page me. I'll make things right. Eden-"

"Everything will be fine, Harvey. I'll see you in an hour." Eden said.

With a hesitant nod, Harvey left.

Throughout the exchange, Declan observed Eden in silent wonder. Her hands fiddled in her lap, her jaw clenching and unclenching with anxiety. She took a breath and upon releasing it, she offered him a halfhearted grin.

His thumb dug deeper.

When her hand moved to his thigh, he found no warmth or affection in the touch. It conjured nothing within his groin, not like before.

"Would you like to go back to our suite?" There wasn't an ounce of excitement in her tone.

Declan preferred to strip Eden of her clothing here, in front of witnesses, and whip the hell out of her ass until she succumbed to tears. Her humiliation would offer him the release he so desired.

Instead, he settled on something a little more socially acceptable. A little nicer. He couldn't afford to scare her way too quickly.

"That would be wonderful."