2 - Blood For Blood (Part 2) (Not Edited)

As promised, I'm back to continue on with Breaking Eden! Please note that this hasn't been edited yet. Feel free to rip it apart. Tell me what you like or hate. I want to make BE the best book it can possibly be so honest feedback is always welcome. Thanks for reading! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

1 – Blood for Blood (part 2)

"You returned without being told." Declan massaged the inside of his palm with his thumb. The darkness within his eyes brought about another chill racing through Eden. "It shows progress. Soon you'll act without hesitation."

Eden sat in silence, finally realizing what she'd done. She tried to think of something to say, a snappy comeback, anything, but nothing came. There was only his cold gaze on her.

"Is what Sofia said true?" Declan was calculated, slow moving, watching Eden's reactions. "Did you hit her?"

Eden's gaze dropped to her hands, defeat filling her. She said nothing because Declan already knew she did it. He just wanted her to admit it to him so he could punish her that much more, or so she thought.

Don't answer. Stay silent. Eden bit her tongue and refused to answer.

"I think you were asked a question, Eden." Declan stepped to Eden's side, his hand upon her hair again, only this time there wasn't a drop of affection. It was done to intimidate her, done to force her to answer. "Did you hit Sofia?"

"She pushed me into your favorite rose bush too." Sofia added, "Punish her."

"Quiet!" Declan held his hand up to silence Sofia. "I'm speaking only to Eden."

Sofia glared at them, bringing the cloth back up to her face.

"Did you hit Sofia? I'm not going to ask you again. It would be wise-"

"I did it." Eden cut him off with a wave of her hand and tried to shake him from her hair, but his fingers only sunk into it and held her near. "I punched Sofia then pushed her into the roses. Happy?"

"See! She admits it." Sofia seemed almost gleeful now, as though she was telling on her sibling, "Blood for blood. Those are the rules. Blood for blood." Sofia sported a sick smile as though she couldn't wait for her revenge.

"I'm perfectly aware of the rules, Sofia." Declan's hand finally left Eden's hair. He strolled toward the middle of the room, right in front of the others. "Eden, I need you to stand up." He motioned Sofia forward as well.

Eden hesitated before finally getting to her feet. "Look, I thought the point of the game was for me to get away." She remained near the barstool, too worried to go to Declan. "I'm sorry I hit her, okay? I was cornered and had no other way around her."

"It isn't me you should be apologizing to." Declan said. "Now is it?"

Eden turned her eyes toward Sofia at his side. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry I punched you in the face and I'm sorry I pushed you into the roses. Are you happy?"

Sofia only glared at Eden. "She's lying. She's not sorry."

"You're right. I'm not." The worry Eden felt had now shifted toward anger. "What did you expect was going to happen?"

"Not hit me in the face." Sofia spat.

Declan continued, interrupting the women. "I'm afraid we handle things a little differently here, Eden. Some apologies need to be offered not by our mouths but by our bodies, our blood."

"Blood for blood." Sofia's smile grew wider, sinister, and sent a chill rushing through her.

What did that mean? That one thought quickly led to another, a much darker one. Blood for blood. Am I to be beaten until I bleed? By who? Declan or by Sofia?