1 - Ben's Punishment

Please note that this hasn't been edited yet. It's a raw draft. Feel free to rip it apart. Tell me what you like or hate. I want to make BE the best book it can possibly be so honest feedback is always welcome. Consider sharing this book on social media and with others who may enjoy it and help get Breaking Eden noticed by Wattpad. Thanks for reading! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

1 – Ben's Punishment

Matilda left Eden standing in the hall outside Declan's door.

"Come in." His muffled voice called out from inside the room.

Eden hesitated with her hand resting on the door handle. She glanced back down the hall from which they came, hoping to spot Matilda standing at the end of the hall, but it remained empty. Matilda had left her in the hands of her tormentor.

She stilled her shaking hand before turned the doorknob and entering his room.

Declan stood in front of the burning fireplace in nothing but a pair of sleep pants. The fires blaze was the only light. It cast shadows throughout the space.

They were all present. Ben stood in the center of the room, his back marked with lines of deep red. Off to the side and kneeling on the ground was Sofia, Darius, and Jude. Each sat upon their parted knees, their hands clasped behind their necks. They stared at the wood floor and never uttered a word as Eden entered.

"I've brought you here to witness part of Benjamin's punishment. Come." He snapped his fingers at her like she was a dog.

Eden went to Declan without hesitation. The shock of her obedience was astounding to not only Eden but to Declan. She stood right in front of him now, her eyes never leaving his.

"Don't punish Ben." Eden glanced at the others off to their side, but Declan caught her chin, bringing her attention back to him.

"The other are of no use to you here. They do as I say." His thumb rubbed her bottom lip, mashing it against her teeth.

Eden opened her mouth to speak but hesitated, fearing what he'd do.

"Is there something you wish to say?"

She struggled to speak. "Punish me instead."

The corner of his mouth flicked up, "You enjoy when I hurt you, don't you?"

"I-" She couldn't believe what she was about to say.

"Out with it. My patience is growing thin."

"I asked Ben to come see me."

Declan's eyed flitted towards Ben. "Is that so? Did our Eden request you to disobey me?"

Ben's gaze met Eden's. His eyes were filled with sadness and shone in the flickering firelight.

In that instance, she wanted to throw her arms around Ben's neck and thank him for everything he'd done for her, to tell him that she'd do whatever it took to make things right. Even if it meant she had to take the burden of the punishment.

Declan arched an eyebrow. "It appears Ben has found himself-"

"I went to Eden of my own free will and submit to any punishment you see fit, Master."

Declan released Eden's chin. "I'm sure you will young Benjamin."

"I'm at your mercy." Ben boldly met Declan's gaze.

"On your knees."

Ben dropped to the floor at Declan's feet and assumed his normal stance. His thigh parted wide which forced is back to got straight. His hand clasped behind his head as he waited for further instruction.