(Bonus Chapter) Hurt Feelings (New Content 3/23/2019)

Video: Once Upon A Dream by Lana Del Rey

I hope you all enjoy this special chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment to let me know what you think. : 0 )

________________________________________________________________________________

(Bonus Chapter)

Hurt Feeling

Eden stormed from the hallway and entered the darkened theater. Relief flooded over her. The dancers on stage held the audience's attention long enough for her to scan the room for Diamond.

To her surprise, Eden found her fairly quickly. Sat perched in the lap of a client and laughing at the comical chaos on stage, she watched Diamond's hand run over the older man's arm before playfully throwing her head back to laugh at something whispered in her ear.

Eden waved at her, trying to pull Diamond's attention her way. It worked. She excused herself from the man's lap and headed Eden's way with a look of utter bewilderment on her face.

As her friend neared, the tears Eden had been holding at bay welled up and slipped from her eyes. She was beginning to fall apart. The darkness pressed down on her, making her feel as though she were about to suffocate. She couldn't steady her breathing.

Don't do this here. Eden willed herself to take a lungful of air.

"Girl you best pull yourself together." Diamond yanked her towards the nearest bathroom. When the pair were safely inside, she turned on Eden. "What's wrong with you? There's no cryin' in dancin'." Diamond checked each stall for any lingering guests as Eden stood red faced and frozen.

Eden leaned against the wall and closed her eyes. Breathe damn it. Her lungs were a pit of fire. All she could manage were little gasps of air.

"Are you about to start your period or somethin'? You've been extra needy and emotional all damn day." Diamond continued her rant.

When Eden opened her eyes, she caught Diamond's gaze dropping to her wet outfit.

"What the fuck happened to you?" The anger had morphed into worry as she rushed towards the bathroom door to lock it. "We don't need these hoes walkin' in here to see your ass fallin' apart like this."

All Eden could do was cover her mouth with shaking hands and release her pent-up emotion. She couldn't take it anymore, the hurt, the humiliation of what just happened in room six and of how Declan treated her after she kissed him. It was all too much for her to bare.

"Why are you all wet?" Diamond asked.

This only brought another gut retching sob from Eden. I can't breathe! Was all Eden could think between little gasps of air that did nothing but fan the flames inside her. She grabbed at her corset, trying like mad to pull it off as she struggled to suck in another short breath.

Diamond gathered Eden in her arms, like a mother would her child. "It's okay. It's okay. Everythin' will be alright." She cooed. "You're gonna start hyperventilatin' and I ain't about to do CPR so you gotta breathe bitch."

"I-" Eden sobbed. "can't!" But Eden knew if she could talk then she could breathe only the feel of not being able to breathe consumed her.

"It's okay." Diamond held onto her until Eden took a deep shuddering breath and started to calm down. The pair stood for what seemed to be an eternity to Eden before Diamond asked, "Are we good?"