15 - Back in the closet still day 14 (Declan's POV) (not edited)

Please note that this hasn't been edited yet. It's a raw draft. Feel free to rip it apart. Tell me what you like or hate. I want to make BE the best book it can possibly be so honest feedback is always welcome. Consider sharing this book on social media and with others who may enjoy it and help get Breaking Eden noticed by Wattpad. Thanks for reading! :0)

P.S. School is starting so updates may slow down to once a week/when I get the free time to write. Thank you to all the readers that have stuck with me! It means a lot. 

________________________________________________________________________________

15 – Back in the closet still day 14 (Declan's POV)

Declan knelt next to Eden and took care with rolling her onto her back. She laid there unresponsive, but he spotted the steady rise and fall of her chest. The belt rested on the floor next to him, it's thick metal buckle shining under the bedroom lights.

Regret flooded through him.

When Eden ran, he lashed out with whatever what in his hand. He expected the belt's leather to hit her, not the buckle.

There was movement in the doorway, then Ben's voice filled Declan's mind.

"What did you do?" Ben fell to his knees on the other side of Eden and delicately brushed a drape of hair out of her face. He lowered his ear to her mouth, listening to her rhythmic breathing.

"She disobeyed me." As those words left Declan's mouth, he knew it was bullshit. Yes, Eden technically disobeyed him with not carrying out a simple slap, but it didn't deserve this outcome.

"Eden?" Ben tapped Eden's cheek. "Eden, wake up."

When she didn't move, he tapped her cheek again.

She laid there, unresponsive and limp.

Ben glanced up at Declan, "Should I call Dr. Morison?"

"No. She'll be fine." Declan was quick to answer as he gathered Eden up in his arms and stood.

"Where are you taking her?" Ben was right on Declan's heels, following him out the bedroom door and into the hall. "She needs a doctor."

"What Eden needs is a firm hand to guide her."

"Eden, you need to wake up." Ben didn't miss a beat as Declan reached the main staircase.

Eden stirred in Declan's arms, groaning. A frown settled between her brows, but her eyes remained shut.

Declan paused midway down the stairs then looked up at Ben, who stood at the top of the stars, a look of panic on his face.

"She seems to respond well to you." Declan's gaze turned cold, as though his mind finally put together all the pieces. "I'm beginning to question your influence over her, Ben."

Ben preceded to follow him downstairs, but Declan stopped him.

"Go to your room and I'll forget all of this ever happened." The warning of Declan knowing Ben had been seeing Eden when he wasn't supposed to was loud and clear.

"Please don't hurt her." Ben hesitated before stepping back up on the landing.

"There are many things I'd love to do with Eden and hurting her isn't one of them." He gazed down at Eden's calm features. "She's beautiful when she doesn't fight me." He added more to himself and continued down the stairway.

When Declan reached the bottom of the stairs, he looked up to find the landing empty. Ben was gone.

Declan carried Eden back to the closet. He laid her down on the floor to open the door. He placed her back in the darkness within the closet but before he closed the door, he brushed some hair out of Eden's face. "I'll tame the beast within you."