14 - Declan Saves The Day (Bonus Chapter)

Video: Wild World by Cassandra Jenkins

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that this is a brand new chapter for Breaking Eden. Give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter fifteen update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

14 - Declan Saves The Day

Declan never saw Eden's attempt to escape coming. Never in a million years did he think she'd be stupid enough to climb out onto the roof without even knowing where it led to or how high of a fall would take place.

When Eden struck out, throwing her elbow back into Ben's face, it played out in slow motion. He watched Ben grab his nose and fall back on his ass. Heard him screaming, "She broke my nose!" as bright red blood seeped between his fingers.

There was a flash of pale skin in his peripheral vision. When he looked up, Eden had bolted towards the bathroom door.

He was already up and moving, running after her. Had made it just in time for her to slam to the door on his arm.

He howled in pain, right along with Ben, who was sobbing on his side and crying out for help. Declan barely managed to pull his arm free before Eden slammed it shut and locked it, barring him from entering.

His patience wore thin. Fury burned ignited within him, searing his veins.

How dare she defy me! That bitch will suffer dearly for what she's done. I'll make sure of it. His filled with such thoughts of vengeance as his fists hammered against the door. The wood rattled in the frame, threating to give at any moment.

In his fit of rage, Declan swore to have every cock in the house turn Eden inside out for his viewing pleasure, and he meant every word.

Then he heard it, the crashing and shattering of objects from within. Eden was going ballistic, destroying everything in her path. Like a child having a tantrum, she cursed him out, called him a freak then something hard smashed against the other side of the door right where his head would have been.

A lengthy pause filled with complete silence save for his pounding heart and ragged breathing.

The mirror, or so he guessed, shattered. Eden screamed at him. The sound of her rage only fueled his own. She had no right to be angry. She had disobeyed him, had assaulted Ben's face.  

His fists rained down harder than ever, pummeling the wood with rapid blows. And with each strike came the satisfied feeling of a weakening lock, a splintering door jam. He was so close to snuffing out her fight.   

He slammed his shoulder against the door, not once but twice and on the third ramming his weight shattered the frame. He staggered forward into the destroyed bathroom.

Pieces of broken mirror lay in his path. The jagged shards threw back a twisted version of himself. There was a trail of smeared blood leading toward the other end of the room.

Eden had cut herself badly, judging by the amount of blood at his feet.

He spotted her at the broken window. She pulled the rest of her body from the bathroom and hoisted herself out onto the angled roof.