5 - A Beautiful Disaster (8/6/2018 New Chapter)

Video: Storm Song by Phildel

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that this is a brand new chapter for Breaking Eden. Give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter five update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

5 - A Beautiful Disaster

Eden was currently in a state of delirium. Was he offering her a few words of kindness? Or was this a game? Was any of this even real or even happening right now?

At this point, she didn't know what was real and what was false anymore.

Which one of the shimmering forms of Declan belonged to the kinder one? She squinted at him, trying to decipher the gentle from the brute but couldn't. 

Her eyelids fluttered shut. The side of her mouth lifted up the slightest bit and her speech began to slur.

"You think I'm pretty?" She laughed against his hand, her breath hot against his skin. "Yet you were a complete prick the entire night. Go figure." She leaned against the palm of his hand, enjoying the kindness behind this gentle touch. She wouldn't mind having more in this version of him.  

"You have great potential. I'll iron out the few kinks you do have and make you perfect for auction." Declan released one of her hands and brought it to his lips. He kissed the back of her hand before laying it down over her belly.

He began on the other one. His fingers worked slowly at the buckle, loosening it, making sure to do it as gently. 

"You smell nice." Eden mused against the fabric of his shirt when he leaned over her to get to the other clasp. She giggled as the fabric brushed against her cheek, tickling it. "Like honeysuckle and self-loathing." 

"I think Dr. Morrison gave you a little too much sedative." He glanced down at her, nestled up against his shirt. "You're speaking nonsense."

"I speak nothing but the truth." She stated firmly. "I know that you like me and hate me equally," Eden spoke softly, more to her self. "I hate and like you equally too. There's this odd attraction. Do you feel it? Together, we make a beautiful disaster."

"Now you're seriously talking nonsense." Declan freed her hand and brought the back of it to his lips, kissing it. "You smell of regret and bad choices."  

She gazed up at the two shimmering images that were holding her hand. "Which one of you wants to fuck me and which one of you wants to kill me? I only want to speak with the kind one right now. Bring him back to me."

"You're hallucinating." Declan lowered her hand, laying over the other one.

"No one here will harm you unless you do something unforgivable." He held her face gently between his hands.

"Are you going to kiss me now?"

"If you listen and obey what is asked of you then you will live a long and happy life here in my home. I'm a man of my word, Eden. Behave and I will fulfill your every desire. Cross me and you will suffer."

Eden remained silent for the longest time, trying to stare up at him. "If you were smart you would kill me now and be done with me." Her words came out weak as though she was contemplating her choices.

"Are you telling me you wish to die?"

"Not at all." She couldn't move even though she tried. Her body was too heavy, her limbs too weak to hold her up.

She lay there like dead weight, wanting so badly to sit up, but she couldn't. If she could, she would have held Declan's hands up against her face a little longer to savor his warmth, would have kissed the palms of his hands and asked for this gentle side of him to stay with her.

But she couldn't so she didn't.

Instead, she settled for something else entirely, a warning of what would come.

"I'm a horrible person who has done terrible things to innocent people. I am a curse that will bring you nothing but misery. Then again, maybe we were made for each other. Two terrible people who've been thrown together by fate, isn't that be ironic."   

"How philosophical of you to think that we were meant to be." Declan gripped both of her arms and hauled her up into a sitting position, but her body went slack against his.

Her head lulled to the side, then back to stare up at him.

"I will be your end." She mumbled incoherently.

                  "Eden." He slapped her gently. "Stay with me now."

Eden couldn't fight the sick rising in her throat now that she was sitting up.

Her mouth watered, filling with hot saliva. 

Her stomach heaved.

Seconds later, her throat burned, her mouth filled with vomit, and she threw up. Her sick hit the front of Declan's shirt, soaking it with a mixture of water and stomach acid.

"How do you like me now?" Eden mumbled as her eyes rolled back in her head.

Then she was falling backward. Falling back into the black waters of the dark place. Where the waves began to thrash around her. The push and pull of the current tossed her around before dragging her beneath its turbulent surface and sent her into oblivion.

Words: 844

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

The Hilstead Experiment: 1986 - Three prisoners escape an experiment involving human subjects.

The Hilstead Experiment: Adrift - Ten strangers board a plane that crashes into the ocean, turning their promised paradise vacation into a deadly experiment of survival.

The Carriers - Tainted meat turns a small farming town into a parasitic zombie war zone only a vegetarian can handle.

In The Pines- Annabel Lee enters into the highest rated gameshow of the afterlife to win a second chance at life.

And if you're looking for writing advice check out my story Year of the Author.