7 - The Act of Manipulation (Part Two) (Unedited)

I hope to have another chapter up tomorrow at some point. This chapter gets really gross so beware. Please note that this hasn't been edited yet. It's a raw draft. Feel free to rip it apart. Tell me what you like or hate. I want to make BE the best book it can possibly be so honest feedback is always welcome. Thanks for reading! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

7 – The Act of Manipulation (Part Two)

Shame and desire flooded through Eden as she titled her hips back into him, as through offering herself to him. He positioned himself and entered her without care or remorse, then proceeded to fuck her up against that tilted oak tree, with her cheek scraping against the bark.

Keelan never lasted long, and for that Eden was thankful. She endured his rapid movements, the heavy panting against her ear, and the weight of his body crushing her against the tree, without a word until he came inside of her.

This was the encounter of a lifetime full of regret. That small mistake would change the course of Eden's entire life forever. It was what changed her from little girl to grown woman capable of forming life within her womb.

Eden clutched Keelan's hands to her chest as he circled his arms around her, resting against her back. His breathing rapid against her ear, his heart pounding, and then the feel of him slipping from her body.

"Do you love me, Keelan?" Eden asked.

"More than anything right now."

Eden nodded against the tree. "That's good. But I need you to prove it to me."

A low laugh escaped him, "What do you want me to do? Go down on you or somthin'?"

"No, you idiot! I want you to kill mom and dad."

Keelan pulled away and turned Eden around to face him. Her dress fell around her hips.

"You gotta be shittin' me, Eden." He stepped back, shaking his head in disbelief, "No... You can't be serious. I ain't goin' to jail for you. That's nuts." He left her standing there and started the trek back home.

"Wait!" Eden pulled up her underwear as fast as she could and ran after him. She yanked at his toned arm, begging him to stop and hear her out. "Please. Just.... Just hold on a second. You're not even gonna listen to me?"

Keelan stopped short, rounded on her. "If you really want to kill our parents, do it yourself, get caught and go to jail for the rest of your life. I'm out."

Eden was ready for this, knew exactly what to say to coax him into listening to her. "They'll never let us be together."

Keelan began to pace the length of the small clearing, his thumb rubbing his chin in thought.

Eden used this to her advantage. "You know what we're doing is incest, right? As in we're freaks. And it's statutory rape. They'll throw the both of us in jail."

"It's been years. They don't have a clue what we've been up to."

"I'm pregnant." Eden blurted out the lie as though it were true, as though she could tell the future of her fate.

"That's a lie." Keelan rushed her. Gripping Eden's shoulders, he shoved her backward into a tree. "You lying bitch!"

"It's true! I'm not lying, Keelan." Eden turned on the water works with such ease she could pass as an A-list actress. "My period hasn't come in months."

"How many?"

Her hand when to her flat belly, hoping to God her lie would be taken as truth. "Two. Maybe three this month. I don't know exactly."

His shoulders slumped as he stepped back. "Did you get a test?"

"Who's going to buy it for me? Mom? Of course, I didn't take one."

"Shit!"

Excitement stirred in Eden's chest. He believed her lies and she was that much closer to convincing him to carry out her plan.

"Fuck!" He kicked a rock loose from the ground and sent it skittering across the ground. "What do you expect me to do, Eden? Fuck!" He kicked at another rock. "What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know. But we can't hide anymore. Sooner or later, they're gonna ask questions." She was sobbing uncontrollably now. "Keelan, I'm scared. I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose you. I don't want to lose our baby."

His arms encircled Eden. The top of her head barely reached his shoulder. His anger simmered with the flow of her tears and that's when she knew she had him. Keelan liked when she had to depend on him, so what better way was there for her to win over his favor then to act like she needed him?

"You won't ever lose me, Eden." His lips pressed against her hair.

"I will if they find out. If you love me, you'll get rid of them. You'll understand there's no other choice. With them dead, we can be together. We can be happy, Keelan." She looked up at him, with a surge of hope running through her veins. "Don't you see? You're eighteen and out of high school now. You can get a job while I finish school and have the baby. We can even move somewhere else, where no one knows us. We can be a real family. You. Me. Our baby. Don't you want that?"

The corners of his mouth lifted, "You are my family. And now you're having my baby, our baby."

"Yeah," She laughed, "We can get married too, if you want, when I'm old enough that is and I'll have as many kids as you want. All boys, right?"

"I want a girl just like you."

In Eden's heart she was disgusted by what he said, by what was rushing out of her own mouth so carelessly yet so truthfully too.

What she hoped for was nothing but dead babies, stillborn or miscarriage, she didn't much care. No child should be cursed with their blood. She wrapped her arms around his waist and held him tight. She didn't want him to look at her as she lied to him.

"We can raise them like normal parents, good parents, that are always around. Not like ours." Genuine tears filled her eyes at the thought of offering the fictious baby growing inside her a real family.

That was all Eden wanted. A healthy and loving family. Not the one she was dealt in life, but something better.

"Do it tonight while I'm at the movies. Prove to me that you want this as much as I do."

"How do you want me to do it?" His voice seemed distant.

"Stage a break in, stab them, kill them, I don't know. Then trash the place so by the time I come home all I find is broken windows and dead parents. I shouldn't know anything else, incased I'm question." She pulled away from him. There is a glazed dullness in his eyes.

"Make sure they're dead. Then shower, change your clothes, and leave the house. Go hangout with your friends. Got that? You can't be home when I get there. Do you understand what I'm saying, Keelan?"

"Stage a break-in. Trash the place. Make sure they're dead. Then disappear until you get home."

"Exactly." Eden's form of manipulation was astonishing. What was even more astonishing was the way she was now able to play Keelan. "Let go home."

Words: 1,297

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

The Hilstead Experiment: 1986 - Three prisoners escape an experiment involving human subjects.

The Hilstead Experiment: Adrift - Ten strangers board a plane that crashes into the ocean, turning their promised paradise vacation into a deadly experiment of survival.

The Carriers - Tainted meat turns a small farming town into a parasitic zombie war zone only a vegetarian can handle.

In The Pines- Annabel Lee enters into the highest rated gameshow of the afterlife to win a second chance at life.

And if you're looking for writing advice check out my story Year of the Author.