9 - Ballroom Boredom (7/21/18 update)

Video: Fever by Peggy Lee

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that edits for Breaking Eden are going well. Readers wanted longer chapters so this chapter went from 850-ish words to over 1,300 and is packed full of new content. So give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter ten update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

9 – Ballroom Boredom

                Less than twenty minutes went by before Eden and Diamond were dressed and ready to present themselves to the guests waiting in the banquet hall.

                Rose led the women back through the maze-like hallways, through the central part of the mansion that remained empty and silent and stopped at a set of cherry wood French doors. She opened the doors wide and ushered them in. 

                Eden and Diamond were too stunned to speak.

                Their gazes swept across the crowded room, took in the large dance floor in the middle and the scattering of white covered banquet tables surrounding it.

                Men and women, dressed in their finest, milled around the room, talking with glasses of champagne in hand. Their voices drowned out the lovely piano man's notes.

                "This is where I leave you." Rose turned toward the girls who were still busy surveying the room. "Declan should be here momentarily. Speak of the devil, and he shall appear." She pointed near the front of the room.

                Declan sat with a group of people, having an in-depth conversation and hadn't a clue they were watching him. He seemed relaxed as he laughed.

                "Go to him. He'll want to show you off. A quick word of advice." Rose waited until she got their full attention. "Don't speak unless spoken to first. It will drive them wild." And with that Rose left them alone.

                Diamond turned to Eden when Rose was out of earshot, "Do you smell that?"  

                "I don't smell anything"

                "It's the smell of easy money." Diamond's red lips curled into a broad grin as she rubbed her hands together.

                "What happened to you wanting to leave this place?"

                "I was thinking about that. If we demand to leave now, we won't see one damn cent of that forty grand. Then all of this would have been for nothing."

                "Then we stay and finish out the night?" Eden asked.

                "Yes, but we stick together. No one leaves this room without the other, okay?" Diamond held out her pinky, and Eden linked hers around it, sealing the pact.

                "Deal."

                There was no way in hell Eden would leave this room with anyone other than Diamond at her side. These people were strangers. And a part of herself feared that maybe she would wake up in a tub of ice without a kidney.