2 - Liars and Questions and Tests, Oh My! (8/2/18 New Chapter)

Video: Carry Me by Eurielle

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that this is a brand new chapter for Breaking Eden. Give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter three update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

2 - Liars and Questions and tests, Oh My!

*** Sometime later***

Eden's eyes snapped open.

An empty room, doused in blinding light, greeted her. She was alone in the medical ward. To her left was a counter with a small sink and matching white cabinets above it. A rolling stool sat vacant and unmoving next to it.

It was at this time; Eden noticed the thin paper sheet covering her from the chest down. Her raised thighs were splayed apart, and the covering dipped between her bare legs.

She attempted to sit up, but her arms were secured to something above her head. Straining her neck, she glanced up to find the points of her elbows draped over the top of the gynecologist table. Her forearms and hands were nowhere in sight.

Eden tugged as hard as she could with no luck. Her hands were tightly bound to something just out of sight. She pulled again, harder this time, and still, nothing gave.

She glanced at her feet, was able to move her toes and ankles freely, but when it came to lifting her calves, she noticed the thick leather straps pinning her to the stirrups.

Panic welled up inside her, burning her to the core. But her struggles were futile against the bindings pinning her to the exam table. Tears pricked at the corners of her eyes as the first cry formed on her lips.

This can't be happening. Eden mustered up every ounce of strength and yanked at the binds, straining her arm muscles to the max. She wiggled and thrashed around until she was left screaming for help.

The door clicked open.

The sudden noise made Eden freeze. Her gaze darted towards the widening gap, fearing Declan would return. But it wasn't him. This man was someone she'd never seen before.

An older man, wearing a white lab coat strolled in and quickly shut the door behind him.

Dressed in a dark blue dress shirt, black tie, and black pants, he seemed kind as he smiled at her. He was older, perhaps in his early fifties, with a clean-shaven face, and was bald-headed save for the three-inch strip of dark hair that ran around the back of his head from ear to ear.

Tears streamed freely down her cheeks as panic consumed her. "What the hell is going on?"

"You're in luck. I can disclose that much." He tone was gentle and his eyes were kind as he took a seat next to her. His gaze fell momentarily to her bare chest and flitted back to Eden's face, almost embarrassed.

"May I?" He asked. The wheels of the stool squeaked under his big frame as he scooted forward to readjust the sheet covering her body. "All better, yes?"

Eden offered him a meek nod and asked. "Who are you?"

"I'm Doctor Morrison, and you'll be under my care for the foreseeable future Miss..." His eyes dropped to the open file in his hands, "Eden Burrows. That's a particular name. Were you named after the Biblical garden?"