4 - A Fight Between Enemies (unedited)

Please note that this hasn't been edited yet. It's a raw draft. Feel free to rip it apart. Tell me what you like or hate. I want to make BE the best book it can possibly be so honest feedback is always welcome. Consider sharing this book on social media and with others who may enjoy it and help get Breaking Eden noticed by Wattpad. Thanks for reading! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

4 – A Fight Between Enemies 

Eden paced the length of the bathroom, the hatred within her bubbling over, turning into a thick black mass of sadness and rage.

This was a trick. A sick game to boost Declan's ego and make me into the fool. I fought so hard against him yet caved so quickly. How could that happen? She stared at her reflection, gritting her teeth almost painfully.

The pitiful woman staring back at her was a stranger. Her eyes red and bloodshot, her hair a mess.

You're nothing.

You're weak.

You aren't worthy of his affection, of anyone's.

Keelan was right. Life is going to eat you alive. I hate you! How could you let this happen? You played right into him. You idiot!

A knock at the bathroom door interrupted her thoughts. She dragged her gaze from her reflection to the door.

And now he'll drag you from this room and beat you. Another punishment for not obeying him.

"Eden?" Another knock, a little louder this time. "Open the door."

She didn't move, only stared at the door lock. In her hast to get away from him, she didn't lock the door. Declan would have known that if he tried to open it. She drew her eyes back to her reflection.

The edges of her vision darkened; tendrils of smoke lashed out.

"Go away." She cried, yelling at her reflection. "Just leave!" The words echoed in the space.

More thoughts bombarded, rained down like a torrent of hate.

You're more than a punching bag, a hole to fill with a cock. He'll pass you around like a whore on the street. Watch as men pump their loads into your body over and over until he's either bored with you or you shrivel up and rot from the inside out.

Your pitiful attempts to fighting back have done nothing but worsen things. You couldn't listen to his command and go to him. Instead you ran like a scared little bitch, a child in an adult's body. Trying to jump out the window. Maybe this time you'll land on a point iron fence.

"Stop." She pleaded those terrible thoughts to end.

He's probably dragging out all his torture toys right now and setting things up. He'll hurt you. Make you bleed and beg for mercy. Then he'll throw you back in that box to rot away unnoticed, like the pitiful trash you are!

You've only yourself to blame. Always acting out when it isn't warranted. Never listening. Never obeying. Always fighting.

That's not true! She shouted back within her mind. I tried. I did everything asked of me.

Your body betrayed you.

He didn't care. But on some level, she knew he did. It was another example of her not trying hard enough to stop it, to control her body long enough in order to please him and prove that she could do it.

And she failed.

The bathroom door cracked open, the gap widening until Declan filled the doorway.

"Eden."