5 - Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend (2/18/2021 Update)

Video: Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage

Feel free to tell me what you honestly think and rip it apart, good or bad, I'm all ears. I'm in the middle of doing final self edits before I start looking for Beta readers. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

_______________________________________________________________________________

5

Diamonds are a girl's best friend

Eden laid bill after bill out, separating the denominations like a clerk did their till. Before she knew it, mounds of green covered her makeup station. And as the piles grew higher, so did her smile. Life was great.

She quickly surpassed five hundred, then six, and when she counted eight hundred her lips spread even wider. Never, had she ever, gotten this much cash after one performance. Eden wanted to squeal with excitement as thoughts of performing more opening numbers filled her mind. And with it, all the money that would be earned.

Was Diamond raking in this much a night? But it didn't matter. All Eden cared about was getting more opening numbers.

Eden stared down in astonishment, counting all the little stacks. Most were ones, fives, tens, and twenties, but she found a crisp hundred-dollar bill in the mix. She held it up, eyeing the red lipstick smeared across the corner. Her eyes narrowed.

How dare he steal a kiss! Then another, much sweeter, thought followed. The night has barely begun. Think of everything else you'll make tonight. Allow him his stolen kiss. You've got something worth so much more.

She dropped the bill and watched it float down on top of the stacks.

Voices echoed down the hallway, stealing Eden away from her special moment. She rushed to gather her cash and stashed it in a small, red lockbox she kept in her duffle bag. Everyone knew the girls' at Harvey's weren't shy about going through each other's belongings.

A borrowed bra.

A missing skirt.

A few hundred dollars in tips vanish, never to be seen again.

Theft in the dressing room occurred religiously, but no one ever knew the culprit. Or if they did, they kept quiet.

Eden would be damned if she'd risk losing everything to those thieving whores. So, she started stashing her cash under lock and key and prayed they'd be none the wiser.

Two girls entered the room as loud as ever, bras dangling from their hands and their breasts bouncing with every step. To her relief, the girls barely glanced her way. They headed toward the opposite end of the room, deep in conversation, and changed for their next set.

Eden shifted her body, blocking their view of her station, and relocked the box on her lap. She stashed it underneath her street clothes, making sure to conceal it just right. If prying fingers opened it nothing would be seen. With a quick zip, the duffle bag was closed and kicked back underneath the table.

Eden eyed the other girls with burning envy. They spoke in hushed tones, laughing at something she would never be a part of. One of them glanced her way and caught her staring. She nudged the other girl to shut up and when she did, they both turned Eden's way.

"What are you staring at?" The brunette spoke.

"Nothing."

"Then why don't you take a picture. It'll last longer." They both burst into juvenile laughter at Eden's expense.