8 - Declan's Arrival (8/11/2018 New Chapter)

Video: Feeling Good by Muse

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that this is a brand new chapter for Breaking Eden. Give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter eight update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

8 - Declan's Arrival

The bath ended all too soon. Eden could have sat in the tub for another hour if it wasn't for Matilda urging her to sit up so she could brush her hair.

    "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you, Dearie, seem to be enjoying yourself." Matilda ran the brush gently through Eden's hair, pulling it all back to the nape of her neck.

    "Sorry." Eden mumbled, a little embarrassed, "I forgot where I was for a moment."

    "There is nothing to be sorry for, child." Matilda parted Eden's hair into three sections and proceeded to braid it, tightening each section as she went. "I'm glad to have been able to offer you a little escape. But you needn't worry about Master tonight."

    Eden's interaction with Declan in the medical ward rushed through her mind, causing her to shiver. "You don't know what that man is capable of."

    Matilda chuckled, never missing a beat. "Oh, sweet girl. I know full well what Master is capable of. I raised him myself, I did. Changed his nappy, fed him, and held him when he cried. I even witnessed his first fucking."

Eden abruptly turned around; shock consumed her features.

Matilda's hold tightened on Eden's hair, forcing her back around so she can continue her work. "Don't move, love."

    "You're his mother?"

    "Heavens no, Dearie." Mathilda came to the end of the braid and tied it off with a red ribbon. "The woman who birthed Master is no longer with us."

    "Oh." Eden was now free to turn around. "I'm sorry to hear that."

    "Don't be sorry, love." Matilda cupped Eden's cheeks; her kind smile returned if only for a brief moment. "She served her purpose, produced an heir, and made the ultimate sacrifice one can make." She stood and straightened her skirt, smoothing it over her thighs. "Now, how about I go fetch Master and let him know you're awake and ready to see him? I'm sure he'll be eager to speak with you."

    Eden merely nodded her head as Matilda left the bathroom. She leaned back in the tub and shut her eyes, concentrating on her breathing.

    In. Out.

In. Out.

In. Out.

She repeated this, hoping to calm her racing heart but raw fear replaced her nervousness. She refused to give Declan the satisfaction of seeing her actual emotional state.

    Think of it as a performance like no other. Eden couldn't help the smile tugging at the corners of her mouth as she settled deeper into the water, allowing it to cover her breasts.

A giggle escaped her lips at the thought of him believing her act. I will make him realize keeping me was a mistake. If he wanted someone, he should have kept Diamond. He'll regret everything soon enough.