2 - The Master of Foxhounds (not edited)

New chapter for Nano. This hasn't been edited. Read it and let me know what you think. Lets talk in the comments. I enjoy hearing what my readers actually think. Good or bad I'm down for hearing it.

________________________________________________________________________________

2 - The Master of Foxhounds

Declan continued his countdown.

"Four!"

"Five!"

"Six"

By the time he got to seven the front door have banged shut. Eden had left the building and was currently loose upon the mansion ground, searching for some way out. He brought his coffee cup to his lips and watched the others finished their food.

Sofia was the first to cover her plate with her napkin, signaling she was finished. "What does the winner get besides delivering her punishment?"

Declan set his cup down. "The person who captures the fox will also win a weekend get away with yours truly. How does that sound?"

"It's been so long since we've gone away." Sofia rushed to his side and took up her spot on her lap. "I will catch her for you."

"You do that my dear and I will ravish you right in front of her." He shared a quick kiss with Sofia. "You would enjoy her watch, wouldn't you?"

"You know me too well." Sofia perked up. "Is it time for the chase?"

"Indeed it is. Go find her." Sofia didn't stick around. She jumped from Declan's lap, like a child waking up on Christmas morning and sprinted toward the mouth of the hallway then halted. "What are you all waiting for?" She motioned them to fallow her before disappearing down the short hallway. Ben was the only one to follow. He was close on her heels. 

Darius leaned into Jude and offered her cheek a kiss. "I'll win the fox for you my love."

Jude cupped Darius's cheek. "You are too sweet to me. You spoil me so." And with that he was gone. But Jude made to attempt to move. She was on to Declan. He had something up his sleeve and she didn't like it.

"What are the real rules, Declan? What do you have in store for my Eden?"

"She's your Eden now? That's news to me." Declan laughed. "You allowed her to get under your skin tonight. I haven't you that upset in years my love. I don't desire to ever see you so emotional hurt like that."

"I'm serious, Declan. What are your plans for Eden? Do you plan on causing her more harm?"

"Find Eden. Bring her to my chambers and be the first to find out. It's a game so go play it. I'm not about to spoil the fun."

Jude bit at her bottom lip and was deep in thought while she considered her options.

Declan raised in questioning eyebrow at Jude. "Aren't you going to play? You live for this game."

"You are not your father, Declan. Eden needs care and compassion right now, not threats of violence and never ending fear."

"Are you questioning my methods?"

"Not at all."

He motioned Jude forward. "Come here."

Jude went to Declan without hesitation. He slid his hands over her hips and looked up at her. "Do you love me?"

Jude tucks a lock of hair behind Declan's ear "Of course my love. Why would you ask me such a thing? Have I not shown you my love?"

"Remind me, will you. How long did it take you to submit your will to me?"

The grin on Jude's face revealed her truth. "The same night you received me. You took me in your chambers, in front of the entire staff. I've never had a Master love me the way you did that night. You were kind and gentle when all I knew was misery."

"Why can't they all be as easy as you were that night?"

"It was easy because you saved me from a hellish nightmare. If it weren't for you, Darius and I wouldn't have been able to stay together. You saved us both from the auction block and for that we will forever be at your mercy. You are my family now and I wouldn't change it for the world." Jude brought his warm palm against her cheek. "How I miss your touch. You've been too preoccupied lately."

"You miss me?" Declan asked and she nodded.

"I miss your good natured side." She pressed her lips against his fingertips and smiled as though reminiscing in the past they shared. "I miss your fingers inside of me. I miss your cock. I miss the feel of your embrace after a difficult scene. But I don't miss this side of you. You are not your father, Declan. He's gone, remember that. Let dead men stay dead. Don't allow his darkness to consume your future. Be the change you've always wanted to see in him." She kissed the palm of his hand. "Show Eden mercy tonight. She will throw herself at your feet and submit her will to you. I know this. She's close to her breaking point. I can feel it in my soul. With just a little more time-"

Declan grabbed Jude's wrists and pulled her down onto his lap with a rough jerk. "Don't ever try to tell me how to train my people."

Jude's eyes filled with tears and she shook her head. "Come back to me, my love. I don't like this person you've become." Her hands cupped his cheeks. "Please." She begged him. "Come back to us." She kissed his lips, offering her mouth to him, pleading with him. "Please."

When they parted, Declan was left almost breathless. And for a moment Jude believed the darkness had past. Then he spoke and her hope was stamped out.

"Maybe that's where I went wrong with you. I didn't treat you and Darius with the same level of discipline at I had with the others before you. You've been spoiled by my kindness because you acted accordingly. You obeyed my every request so I needn't punish you. Stop your tears."

Jude quickly dragged the backs of her hands over her cheeks and took a deep shaking breath to help calm her nerves. "You showed us kindness when all we new was fear and pain. I owe my life to you. I had no reason to resist your authority. My will was easily won over."

"Would you die for me?" The question hung in the air between them for only a short moment.

                  "Yes. I would do anything you asked of me, you know this, right?"

                  "Kiss me again. I want to feel you." And just like that the darkness within his eyes retreated. The Declan she grew to love over the years returned and she was more than happy to oblige his request.

When her lips crashed against his it was with passion and urgency that it nearly destroyed her. She linked her arms around his neck and pleaded with her body to take her here and now, to fill her with his seed and love her again and again until she couldn't take it anymore.

To Hell with the fox hunt. She needed to feel their connection, to feel their passionate love again. Her soul felt empty without him near and together the fit like to puzzle piece.

But Declan had other plans. He broke their kiss and surprised Jude by releasing her. "Go capture Eden so I can make your fantasy a reality, my darling. We can enjoy her together. Would you like that?"

"For you, I'll do anything you wish."

"Tonight is about you. Capture my fox and win the game."

Jude stole one last kiss before she joined the hunt.