9 - The Winner Takes All (not edited)

Music video by: Slipknot: Snuff

This is for nano so it isn't edited just yet. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know in the comments what you think.

________________________________________________________________________________

9 - The Winner Takes All

***Ben's POV***

Ben headed up stairs, wondering how long it would take for Eden' to make it upstairs, if at all, and went to his room.

Time past slowly as he lay silently in bed, his gaze fixated on the intricate ceiling designs. Bittersweet sunlight filtered over him, warming his otherwise chilled body. He was always cold in the mansion, save for when he was in bed, preferable with Master or someone of his choosing.

His thoughts drifted and settled on an image of Eden. The new girl, the one who upset their way of life in more ways than one, yet left a mark on him. His fingertips settled on the bridge of his nose and a small grin settles on his lips.

He was drawn to her, not because of her looks; he's been with prettier girls, but because of her ill-natured defiance at every given turn. Eden was different from the others, a strong willed rebel that would be difficult to break. Yet, as he imagined Eden's current state, the cracks were clearly starting to show in her strong willed façade.

A groaning floorboard outside her bedroom door made him sit up. Footsteps hurried down the hallway. Ben cracked the door and spotted Jude pulling Eden into her room and quickly shut the door, locking it.

He crept from his room, listening for other footsteps as he mad his way down the hallway towards Jude's room. A hard thump against the door made him jump back like a scared cat. But the sounds of muffled moans almost made him laugh.

You're a crafty one. He rested his head against the cool wood and listened in on their intimate moment. What are you two up to in there? His hand rested against the doorknob and he resisted the urge to try to open it.

The moaning came much louder than before and Ben would be lying if he said he wasn't having a physical reaction to the dirty thoughts rushing through his mind.

Footsteps echoed down one of the hallways, snapping Ben from his thought. He rushed around the nearest corner and slipped into a hallway closet that was packed with cleaning supplies and various assortments of bedding.

When the footsteps carried on, Ben cracked the door to find Declan head away, most likely towards his room to wait out the rest of the hunt. Then all was quiet.

Jude's door opened. More footsteps filled the hallway and grew faint in the other direction. Eden was heading back towards the stairs.

"Back so soon? Don't tell me you've given up already." Declan hadn't gone to his room after all. He caught Eden in the Hallway. Ben's win was being threatened. He wanted to win the hunt. Not to win the role of punisher but to show Declan his worth. Ben wanted Declan to praise him for his job well done and perhaps reward his good deed in private.

He needed to win.

Ben cracked the closet door, waiting to strike. When Eden rounded the corner, he reached out, clamped his arm around her mouth to silence her scream and dragged her backward into the darkness before shutting the door tight.   

                  His arm snaked around her waist and held her tightly against his chest. To be honest, he hadn't thought about what he'd do once he got her in here. His only thought was to make sure she remained quiet. 

Eden struggled against him. Her panicked scream was but a muffled cry. Ben held his hand over her face, tightening his grip. "I'm not going to harm you but you must stop making noise. You'll lead him here." His breath was light against her ear.

Eden nodded under his hand and Ben released her, even thought everything in his body told him otherwise. He stepped away from her; afraid she'd strike out and hurt him with her fists, but the space was tight and there wasn't much room.

"Please don't hit me." Ben held his hands up in front of him, as though protecting his face from any sort of blow.

Declan's footsteps faded and disappear altogether. For once, they were alone, hiding in the dark like a couple of children playing a bizarre game of hid and seek. 

"Put your hands down." She batted Ben's arms away and once Eden had a clear shot she slapped him hard across the face.

"What was that for?"

"You-"

(NEED TO ADD MORE TO THIS PART)

Ben made hit move. He grabbed Eden's face and kissed her, backing her up against the folded sheets and towels. She didn't resist him. Instead her ran her hands through his hair and kissed him back with such passion his heart felt full.

Eden broke the kiss long enough to ask, "What are you going to do to me?"

"Kiss you for eternity." Ben panted against her parted lips, only to kiss her again. "I've wanted to do that the moment I first saw you at the ball."

"Is that so?" Eden pulled back. "So what happens now that you've won the fox?"

"Celebrate at little longer before I take you to Declan."

Eden's voice faltered. "What are you going to do to me then?"

"Please don't be afraid."

                  "It's hard not to be. But I can try."

Ben pressed his lips against hers, whispering words of understanding. "We can work with that."

"Can you tell me what my punishment is so I can try to prepare myself for it?"

"I don't know. Declan will decided that. But if I have my choice it won't involve pain."

"He'll use you again to try to do just that. All Declan does is hurt me." Eden tensed up and Ben tried to hold Eden but she stepped back. "He's going to have you rape me too. Isn't he? I don't think I can handle that." Her voice was no longer a whisper and Ben could tell she was on the verge of some sort of attack.

"Please keep your voice down." He pressed his over her mouth. "I don't think it's that kind of punishment."

She pried his hand off her mouth. "And if it is? Then what?"

"I've already told you that we don't have choices. We do what we're told like good little-" He thought of the exact words she used to explain what they were.  "Stepford Slaves was it?" 

Eden laugh was nothing more than a little puff of air against his palm. "That's what I called you all."

"I promise to go easy on you. Whatever punishment he makes me carry out know this. I would never willingly do anything to cause you harm."

Eden nodded in the darkness. "Then take me to Declan and claim your prize."